South Butt Clothing Line Takes On North Face

ST. LOUIS, Mo. – A teen in St. Louis is facing possible legal action for the clothing line he has created.
The University of Missouri freshman created a line of clothes called South Butt – a takeoff on the popular clothing line from The North Face. Officials from The North Face have told the teen to stop production, saying that they own the trademark for the half-dome design.
The South Butt design is similar, but an attorney for the company said the differences are obvious.
“I did try to explain, with a great deal of candor, to counsel for The North Face that the general public is aware of the difference between a face and a butt,” said Albert Watkins, attorney for South Butt.
“He was worried at first that The North Face was taking this action, you know,” said Jim Winklemann, the creator’s father. “I think he’s pretty excited to get the message out there to people who don’t want to wear The North Face.”

Corporate world morons, hahaha. It’s obviously a parody.

http://www.kctv5.com/money/21149810/detail.html

logo is clearly different, 1 division, versus 2 for the northface logo…

big company = crying over someone clowning them

www.thesouthbuttweb.com

buying one

+1 not like this is a big thing, its just a college kid

well look what that college kid did in the 90s… thanks Napster.

wait sorry you were like 7 or 8 then

considering how many little startups there are like this between teenagers and college kids i’d say this is very minor and shouldn’t even be on north face’s radar. i doubt this is going anywhere serious.

just consider www.ryansautodetail.com

:shifty

:rofl that’s great, I’d buy a jacket and see how many people notice if it’s not a Northface :lmao