spark plugs

So about 50% of the time im driving my car it starts doing this thing where it hesitates when i push the pedal down, sometimes it wil even jerk abit, seems like as i give it more gas it can’t burn it fast enough, so i bought some ngk iridium plugs havent gotten them yet but do yo think that will solve the problem or am i way off, any help would be appreciated, and the engine is a redtop sr20

do you drive a 5 or an auto?..

and, also,…

I’m just guessing here, but, hopefully it’s positive imput,

is your throttle body need some lubing?..

its 5speed, and r u messing with me about the throttle body haha never heard of that but im definetely no mechanic

well, IMHO!

it’s possible, that maybe your throttle body cable, is a bit sticky, or something.

or, maybe even your throttle body itself needs a bit of lube.

uhm, your throttle body is after your air intake, you can probably find it yourself.

try opening it with your hands first, and see if it’s sticky, or it sticks.

try tightening the cables,

plus, maybe check your air intake too!

other than that, I really coulden’t tell you man. that’s just my best guess!

cheers though, GL, I gotta go to bed. I work tomorrow in 6 hours. lol.

haha thanks man yea ill check it out

I would check your timing, TPS and definitely replace the plugs.

Chack your MAF, coolant temp sensor, it does sound like it is running rich forsure though. You can clean the throttle body too, wont hurt anything.

thanks guys ill try that stuff is there an easy way to check if my timing is off

…With a timing light lol

Just borrow one from somebody. If you’ve never checked timing before its simple as shit. The hardest part is painting some white out on the appropriate timing notch on your crank pulley so you can gauge where the timing is.

Do you have a haynes manual?