Speakers aren't working... urgent!

I’m leaving for a trip tomorrow morning and my car speakers stopped working about a week ago. I guess some wires crossed and a fuse blew. So i re-did all the wiring with the quick disconnects that you crimp to the wire. The cd player powers fine and everything, but no sound comes out of the speakers. Not the front speakers, not the back, nothing. THe from speakers are polks with passive crossovers and the rears are still stock so they’re connected right to the harness. Do you know what the problem could be? I checked all the wiring to make sure it was the proper wires.

hmm, none of the speakers are working eh? I take it you are utilizing all stock wires?

Sounds like a problem with the head unit. all the speakers should have their own seperate wires, and for all of them to be not working at the same time doesnt sound like a wiring problem. BUt then again, something caused that fuse to blow. So i dunno. Check the speaker wires coming out of the back of the head unit with a voltmeter.

well the fuse blew because the wires were just wrapped and the tape fell off of some of them and they touched, thus blowing a fuse (i dont know which wires it was though). Thats why i was re-doing this whole thing

yeah im leaning more towards head unit also

anyone got an extra head unit with the crimped plug things i could try out???

oh, i missed in your first post that you are running speakers that arent through the stock wires… That makes it sound even more like the head unit. I mean, theres your head unit, a wire, and a speaker. And since its not very likely that either all 4 speakers blew up at once, or that all the wires got messed up at once, it would seem that the problem must lie in the head unit. Unless there are bare wires touching or something, which can sometimes make shit do funny things. I’d recheck all connections and make sure there arent any bare spots on any wires where it could be making a contact with some bare metal. oh and :slap: for not at least using butt connectors or something. Solder > *

to me it sounds like you blew the pre amp in the head unit

jake you should have brought the car to me!!!

whitey rocks :bigthumb: he’s fixing it tomorrow morning

hey does your cd player work? just no sound? could be your pre amp…

but what you should realy check for it the new speaker’s you put in… check for the wires getting grounded out…

say it the + on the speaker wire gets pinched or something metal in the door touches the positive on the speaker wire it basically shuts the cd player off… [WON T PLAY SOUND! ] but everything else will work…

but since you said there was a bad fuse then im leaning toways the amp in it… sometimes if it grounds out the amp just fry’s…

you ’ ll see a couple black mini looking battery’s with burnt holes in them! aka capasiter’s…

i am going to rig him up tomorrow real fast by just throwing in a 4 channel amp from wal mart with hopes and dreams that it works… i wired his speakers in. everything was money not sure what happened there unless some one else touched it

good looking out whitey