Speaker Cut Out helpppp lol

hey guys just finially put in the new 6.5’s this weekend. well i finially figured out how to wire them. I connected the +,- to each speaker and taped the other spliced wires together. When i turn the ignition on the speakers play but when turn it off on they make a “pop” noise and there is no sound coming from all speakers. I took it apart again and when i moved the wires around it starts to play but when i shut the ignition off it makes the noise again and no sound. Is there some kind of short in the wiring or is cause i did not individually wrap the spliced wires ?

sorry for the long post and it sucks without absolutely no music.

I would say this is your problem…they are most likely contacting each other.

ok, is there anything i could check for whilst i have my door panels off. does the black wire (ground) have to be isolated as well with tape ?

Agreed

Usually when I do it I splice the two wires together and soldier the wires and then individually wrap them both in electrical tape or heat shrink tubbing.

Tape or heat shrink any splicing you did and any exposed wire core. Make sure there is no rubbing on sharp edges aswell.

well i also noticed that moving that harness of wires makes all the speakers cut in and out. i had the oe active speaker system. is it the oe amp possibly ?

Do you have a stock head unit or aftermarket?

If its aftermarket, run new wires directly to the speakers from the deck. Rip out all that active speaker shit.

had the same problem with my old s13., i had to re ground the deck. ur ground could be rusted out , plus another thing when re grounding ur deck. always sand away the paint for full ground contact , if u ground on paint it becomes a condoctor. good luck

i had the deck installed professionally, i had seen him ground the deck properly tho. could it be the wires touching metal or somthing ?

ok so today i wrapped all the wires individually, still same problem, when i move the wires around all speakers work then turn iginition on or off and pop noise and off. move wires again all speakers turn on and then ignition on, pop noise and stop working again ? what could this be. also only when i move the pass. side speaker wires the speakers go on and off. drivers does nothing

how old are you?

have you even worked on your own vehicle?

is this something you have tried and done before?

do you have any idea what your doing??

its VERY hard to enplane how to wire over the internet. it could be a million things but chances are that its just something that you have done wrong. so the simplest thing to do is going to be to ither cut it all out and take it to an installer, or drive up and give it to someone who knows that there doing.

pics help to.

best of luck!

Where about in Hamilton are you? I would be willing to help you on this, but only on thursday or friday.

I don’t like janky stereo wiring.

lol what u think im a fuckin retard fastback240

how old are you?

have you even worked on your own vehicle?

is this something you have tried and done before?

do you have any idea what your doing??

sorry but yes, if you know some of the shit that goes down on son, you would understand… dont take it personal some ppl are just not mechanically inclined…

hell i know mechanics that work at shops all day every day that cant do wiring

This is the line that killed you for actually knowing what you’re doing. If you finally figured out, there is a good chance you didnt know what your are doing, and possibly still dont.

There is a pretty decent tutorial with pics on here the someone did not too long ago. Check it out. Will show you how to strip, connect, solder and tape (although i think he used heat shrink stuff instead of solder.) If you have NO experience with this stuff at all, i would suggest contacting somebody who does for help, or you run the risk of ruining all your stereo components.

lol i remember one of my old cars, came to me with no deck and a cut harness needless to say i sat there for 4 hours with nothing but a test light. for some reason, the tail light constant on, dash lights, headlights and some other wired stuff were all running out of the deck… theirs really no good how to for some of this shit, you just simply have to know what your doing to go anywhere, dont take it personal but you always run into un-expected problems that you need to fall back on your knowledge to solve…

^ +1 for that statement. You really do need to have an understanding of some shit before you start ripping stuff apart, and joining in wires.