Spec V SAFC II Install

I think I’m going to go for the sunglass holder, but I have to get off my lazy ass and take the interior parts off first. :smiley:

Awesome, so have you decided if you are going to do the SAFC II install yourself or if not who are you going to have do it?

I might do it myself - it looks a lot easier that I initially thought it was going to be. I’ll need a better soldering iron though, the one I have is crap.

By the way, I’ve been meaning to ask you if you were going to get a lightweight pulley or not. I have one sitting beside me and I’ll need a pulley pulller to put it on - something I’d rather buy if someone else gets some use out of it too.

I had been thinking about it, but some of the tech’s at nissan had told me that some of the guys who had put on a lightweight pulley had the bearing go in it, and they said they would not recomend it, so I kinda put that idea on the back burner, have you heard anything like that before? Maybe a better question to pose on Vboard.

Uhh, to the techs at Nissan - There is no bearing in a pulley?

Look at the Sentra FSM - it’s a pretty straightforward installation, it just requires a special tool, that’s all.

Yeah, I don’t know what they smoke there, maybe we should just open up our own TUning shop and make millions, well if that is the case I probably will buy a pulley, not too sure when tho, I’ve got some bills I need to pay off right now and that stuff I would like to do before my SAFC II install just so when I dynotune everything I want on it is on there. so yeah I will probably buy one in the next little while.

Sure thing - I might as well go buy a puller then, just not sure when to install it.

Oh, and the dude making the sunglass holders is hella backed up right now, so I’m just going to buy a bin holder from Jamie at PTI.

Dude, I have been waiting for that thing for sooo long now, I almost forget what it looks like, and now it’s probably done, but I’m gonna have to wait till next week when they get back from some race they have been gone to so I can find out if they are finally going to get it sent out to me, 3 week back order my ass. haha it’s all good those guys seem like they are awesome they are going to be in calgary this summer hey.

They, meaning the guys from PTI?

And yeah - Jamie was estimating 2-3 weeks. That sucks that you had to wait longer!

Well you can be lazy and remove the sunglass holder. It’s so easy. Just grab it and pull down. and done. Gotta love that nisaan build. :smiley:

HA HA HA…Nice.

Yeah, I like how the badges are glued to the outside of the car so anyone with a hairdryer can steal them. WAY TO GO, NISSAN. I hope they saved enough money on the paint jobs to keep the motors running past 100K! :E

I bought a soldering gun for like 55.00 just to do the wiring of the SAFC, so if and when my bin ever gets here after I do the wiring I can lend it to you, have you ordered the bin from PTI yet, mine has taken at least 6 weeks.

Also I love the fact Nissan only stuck the badges on NO SHVING REQUIRED, my Spec is completely de-badged I love it, people pull up to my car and all the do is look to see if they can find out what it is, but the only thing they are going to be reading is BREMBO, haha I love it. Paint jjob tho yeah it blows.

Actually I emailed Jamie, but no response. Apparently, like you said, they were at some race event and then helped some dude install a PTI turbo kit on his car.

Not sure, I’ve asked him for price quotes in the past and always found a better deal, so I’m not sure if he’s pissed off at me or what. Oh well, if I have to wait for the sunglass holder, that’s something I don’t really mind.

I was thinking about shaving my Sentra badge off - but I like my SE-R badge too much to lose that. I might also shave the Nissan logos, but we’ll see - haven’t made my mind up yet.

On the plus side, I just bought a set of Nismo cams yesterday for $700 CDN shipped. Can’t wait to get my hands on some JWT springs and then slap these babies in. :E

springs are a waste man just do the cams you don’t need the springs

Actually they aren’t for me. My entire tax return next year will be going to a turbo kit, and after that I might either destroke the engine or use a built bottom end. Then the springs will help avoid valve float, especially when I can afford a Ferrara valvetrain and a standalone ECU.

What can I say, I don’t fuck around when it comes to speed parts. :smiley:

You should have seen the look on my dad’s face the other night - he asked me how much I’d spent on the car this year so far, to which I replied 2500, and that I had around 1200 more to buy before I was done for the year. He told me I was crazy to spend so much money on my car, and I told him that even if he handed me 25K, that wouldn’t be enough to build the car how I wanted it. He got this funny look on his face and just walked away… :wink:

Oh well, that’s what you get for liking domestics - he’s looking at a 68 Mustang Fastback right now - imagine his suprise when I walk his ass in my little 4 cylinder nip ripper. :E

If you get a turbo I’m gonna be so choked, oh well, I want to buy a STi in the next year or two so yeah I’m pretty much done workin on my car

They should call this forum Pyrexx and Chasenya’s chat, hahaha

Well, there don’t appear to be too many FWD owners on here, and we’re more or less the only Spec V guys… :E

Why would you be choked if I went turbo? After all, last time I checked we weren’t in a penis contest - and I wanted to go turbo from the start. :smiley: I wouldn’t mind being the only active turboed V in Edmonton though, that would be kinda nice. :slight_smile:

After all, anything that can walk a stock STi on the highway works for me. :smiley:

Hmmm PTI PyreXXX??? That would be cool to see. I do know there is some doctor in Sherwood Park who wants to turbo his too. We need more boost. I will wait till my warranty runs out. And when i finish the other car.

Yeah, I’d go with either PTI’s kit, or one from Forced Induction Racing in the US.

And hell yeah, I need some boost…any boost. :smiley:

I’m sure that I won’t be the first turbo V in Edmonton - but at least I’ll be the only yellow one? :? Bah…warranty be damned! If you can afford a turbo kit, you can afford to rebuild the motor. :smiley: