Spec V SAFC II Install

Alright so I am almost done with modding my spec (yes! no I will actually have some money) anyways I have an SAFC II Controller on the way and a Functional bin from Powertech imports, I’m not too scared about me installing it, I’m just scared about who I should be using for a dynotune shop, I’m thinking Apex, but I am also thinking about driving to Red Deer to Diablo. Any thoughts anyone? oh and I will take pics of the install and post em up, excited about this, the possibility of gaining an extra 20 horse from this mod make me happy in my pants, haha any way stay tuned in the next few weeks and I will let you all know how it went.

I do have a question tho, Silverboost maybe you can help me out on this one, what would happen if I dynotune my car with 17’s and then throw my 18’s back on will this affect my A2FR? or will it not do anything as my car is just being dynotuned and that has to do strictly with the fuel curve and that never changes?

it should not change it.

I see not too many people on here know all that much about these converters

Wheels will not affect your engines need for more or less fuel , Retard/Ignition timing etc. I might be picking up soon so i can play around with it a little bit on the KA.

Hey man,

I got mine tuned at RCTS here in Calgary 2 weeks ago. He’s more of an HKS guy, but got the handle on my SAFCII pretty quick… Only did 5 pulls. Of course mine was more of a checkup than starting from scratch, but he knows his stuff for sure.

Yeah, I’m curious to find a competent tuner as well, since I’ll be going with the SAFC-II this year. Damn school blocking my efforts to go F/I! :?

That awesome to know I will definately be going to Calgary to get mine tuned. I’ll do the install myself tho, seems straight forward enough.

Bring her down to apex when you are done installing it. We will have no problem tuning. We are also open during the week days now.

Has Apex thought about becoming a Sponsor of the club??

You would have to talk about travis about that. And I am the only one out of any of them that drives a nissan.

Hey rage, have I met you before - or have you come out to one of the other meets? I can’t recall offhand which Spec V you drive.

It’s not like there are so many of them in Edmonton anyway. :E

Nice to hear about Apex - have you guys done a lot of different SAFC tunings?

Diablo. Cam is the man you want to talk to for tuning. He’s ridiculously good :smiley:

They’re under Lightspeed Innovations now, but it’s the same company. I don’t really care who I go with, as long as they know what they’re doing and have done plenty of them before.

Oh right I forgot they changed the name. I was there when Cam was tuning that Mini with the B16 swap. They got 350hp out of that little engince I believe. Or that’s what they were shooting for anyways. Pretty crazy stuff comes outta that shop. My buddy’s CA18DET Pulsar is being built by Cam too, I can’t wait to see that monster when it’s finished :smiley:

DUDE…a 350HP MINI? That, I would pay to see. :smiley:

Anyway, once I get the SAFC installed I’ll have to check them out.

Anyone know a good place to get electronics wired in town? NO WAY am I trusting my limited soldering experience to attach the SAFC to the ECU.

Well we have a guy named Carl now who used to work at matrix motor sports and he has done tuning on SAFC many times. As to other questions I drive black 04 Spec. I did come out to Mays meet and you can sometimes catch me @ United Cycle. Might have seen the blue Renault also in past years.

Well I have to say Apex lol. But we just did one last weekend on an Optra. Oh we also did a supercharged mini cooper with 75 wet shot of nos, but I can’t remember how much he made for power.

Pyrexx honestly how hard can it be to solder like 5 wires together, you gotta start somewhere. But yeah I think I’m gonna go with RCTS to do my dynotunnig, sorry but I just don’t trust Apex, especially when they know they Should know that when putting on tunner nuts you should hand torque them not use a gun on them, but they still used one on my car, so yeah if they can’t do the most basic stuff right how do I know they will do the more difficult stuff right. I just don’t think I could put the life of my engine in the hands of apex. maybe in a couple of years after some more experience, but for now I would only use Apex’s dyno to get some numbers no more no less.

Pyrexx what did you decide to go with for your SAFC II holder, the upper bin or sunglass holder?