safc 2?

i want to but the safc 2 for my car, but has anyone ever used it 1st hand? i heard it gives a lot more hp then the stillen qr-pro. and where would i go to get tuned? is it possible to tune it without a dyno?

i dont see why you would try and use a SAFC2 to tune a fairly stock car? the stock ECU is still going to be your best tune until you modify it to a greater extent. you should research how the SAFC2 actually works before you even consider it.

Jimmy

my car isn’t stock, i have a nismo cai, nismo cat-back, nismo cams, and am getting a header put on at hybrid within a few weeks. there isn’t much else i can to do my engine without a turbo. i don’t have an sr20det, i have the qr25. and se-r/spec-v’s don’t have an ecu you can modify. i already checked all the nissan forums. the safc 2 is the way to go, i as just wondering if anyone ever used it themselves.

I beg to differ? For an all motor car and the price that people drop for cold air intakes/exhaust ect… I think w/ proper tuning the air flow manipulator can be beneficial as far as bang for the buck goes. I still don’t think that you would ever see more than 15hp w/ it but some CAI’s aren’t even adding 2-3hp for $200+ price tag. Remember car makers are putting tunes in for a good fuel economy as well not maximum power, especially a sentra.

i know that your car has a QR motor and not a SR. In my personal opinion an intake, exhaust, cams and a header do not qualify a car as “modified”. If you research has concluded and the SAFC2 is worth the money for the horsepower then do it.

I can agree that people dont get much bang for the buck when installing an intake or exhaust on a all motor car I4 car. i can see the possibility of gaining a nice amount of horsepower with an SAFC2. you did not factor in the COST of tuning on a DYNO and a good wideband o2 setup to tune with. this would now easily put you in the $500+ range for that 15 extra horsepower.

Jimmy

well what the fuck is a modded car ‘in your opinion’ :ugh:

how exactly aren’t those parts considered modified??? please stfu.

a fuel computer could be a nice addition to allow for more tuning in the future… plus its something to fuck around wtih… i don’t know anything about nissans, but i’m sure you could ‘tune’ for cams, a header and open exhaust / intake. -

what the fuck is with your attitude? it is quite amuzing to me that your always around to contradict ANYTHING i have to say on this site.

i wasnt trying to say that those are not modifications to a car. the point i was trying to make is that those handful of parts dont qualify a car as “modified” in my opinion. he just has a few bolt on parts which most people that are into tuning their car have. i have the same parts and more done to my car but i dont call it modified.

anyway back to the topic at hand.

i decided to do some QR research of my own and here is what ive found to support my opinion of the SAFC2.

Apexi SAFC II (Super Air Fuel Controller?) $250 - The SAFC II is a controller that allows you to fine tune your air/fuel ratios throughout the powerband and allow for smoother and additional power. Some people have seen up to around 8 whp, depending on mods. It is a great way to really keep everything running smoothly. It will also show throttle position, RPMs and other little gagdets. You may be wondering though why I have this mod so late in the install list, and here is my reasoning. To accurately tune your a/f ratios, you need to get it tuned on a dyno. An hour of tuning on the dyno runs somewhere around $150 per hour, and that’s also if you can find one in your area. And each time you add another mod, your SAFC II “should” be retuned for the new changes. If I were getting one, I would make it my last planned mod so that I could only go to the dyno once to fine tune everything and leave it alone. Now there are a lot of others who just street tune their SAFC II and things seem to be okay, but it’s not an exact science. Also, many people will do this mod after intake, header, and exhaust.

so we are looking at dyno tuning, wideband o2 for the tuning and the SAFC2 which are going to cost $500+ for 8whp? thats no quite bang for the buck but whatever its not my car.

Jimmy

please don’t overinflate your head… it has nothing to do with you but the simple fact that you can list aftermarket parts and say that they don’t modify the car… and the fact that you say cams are bolt on mods…

it’s just assinine…

this has nothing to do with inflating my ego. my car and its modifications are the least of my priorities at this point and time in my life.

anyway, im done with this. its my opinion and you do not have to agree with anything i believe.

enjoy your day buddy.

“I’m not quite educated enough to make this post, but I’ll try anyway”

…we need to stop this mentality.

other then a turbo, there no other mods available for my engine. i already got the cams, header, intake, and exhaust. i have no other choices. and $500 for 8whp isn’t that bad. i spent more then that on my intake/exhaust, and thats all i probably got. if you did your research before you tried to look like mr. nismo, you would know there aren’t many choices for that engine. im trying to hit a goal that no one has done yet, and i want 175+whp on my engine without a turbo. after the safc 2, i should be pretty close.

500 dollars for 8whp ! whoever sold you on that just plane raped you.

what else can i put on my car that will give me 8whp? everyone got smart ass answers, but no one has any suggestions. im not putting on a turbo. the block isn’t designedto handle more then 250-275hp. im notpushingithat high. you have a mr2, the other guy has an sr20, i don’t have many choices!!! seriously, if you know of any other upgrades for my car, let me know. i haven’t found any other then balance shaft removal.

I am not the nismo master that some others on the board are … sorry I cannot help you in what you can do to make your car faster. honestly though this is nothing like the flame fest some have got on this board.

Im sure someone has boosted your car before and Im sure there is a common setup. Look it up and see what it is. Sell the header then go turbo.

thats the problem. i don’t want turbo. i’ve been all the sentra forums. the engine itself isn’t designed to handle thaty much power. the b15chassis(2002-2006se-r/spec-v) was built for the roadcourese in japan. it was never intended to be a 12second car. i don’t want a 12 second car. i want to see if i can get a 14 second car with no boost, no nitrous. i’d be happy. my car handles great already, and after i put on a coilover, i am going to try a roadcourse. and turbos for my car aren’t cheap. the cheapest one i found on turbonetics was over $3000. and i don’t own a civic, so its not like there 100 people in the city with a used one to sell.

I think you need to read up more or maybe find someone with a turbo on their se-r and ask them questions.

I dont know why you dont want turbo. Honestly with about 90% of imports the only way to make them fast is forced induction. NA just isnt going to work on little 4 bangers.

alot of cars arent introduced to be a “12 second car” it doesnt matter. Its very tough on a fwd… you dont realize how much money and how hard that would be plus the amount of things that will break on you to get even to the 13s…

“turbos for my car arent cheep” You are going off of a complete turbo kit setup from turbonetics is what Im guessing. Thats going to be everything you need to boost your car is what I am assuming? You dont need that crap. I would never justify myself to buy any of the shit off of atsracing.com for my mr2. They want 4k dollars for a complete gt30r kit!!! its a gt30r plus a downpipe,wastegate and a few oil lines… Now thats just rape right there…

your car is an auto right? that is awsome for boost, in speed but i wouldent trust it to daily drive it, or make it down the track, so i do not blame you not wanting boost.I see what you want to do, yes an afc will help you get more power with the mods you have, your car is tuned to have no mods, once you start messing with the flow of air you are messing with the tune, i am not sure how those motors respond to mods with the stock ecu. if more power is what you are looking for, why dont you shave the head and get a thinner head gasket. or possibly higher compression pistons…horsepower is all about moving air around, and the more you move around the more power you are going to make…good luck (and for the 100 bucks you can find an afc for its worth it)

Dan i think u missed the whole point of his post. Hes not looking for a 12,nor 13 second car and IMO the hassle of turboing a car that came N/A and the $$$$. From what it sounds like hes just looking for a fairly quick ride and a good handler

04se-r is your name Jason and you work at Autozone?