safc 2?

no, my name is joe. my se-r is yellow. and fmfkid250, dmveng, thanx for reading what i said. thats exactly what i want. i quick little car that handles great. no one on the sentra forums ever mentioned shaving the head, so im assuming it can’t be done. i don’t know. there are no piston upgrades for it, and the only interenals besides the cams are valve springs. and from what i know about cars, what upgrade can give you *whp+ for $300-$500? there aren’t too many. i know thesafc isn’t cheap, but i don’t think its rip off either. no one on the sentra forums has reached over 175hp without boost, and thats my goal.

dont assume it cannot be done, and i am sure you can get find some weisco’s high cr’s

im sure it can be done. anything is possible. but i’ve been on 3 different sentra forums, and haven’t read about anyone shaving their heads. for some reason, the qr25 never took off with the aftermarket. i really don’t care that much about it. i didn’t buy it for a 1/4 mile. but its nice when i take some cars by surprise. anyway, have you ever used the safc2?

simple cheap solution if you want to go all motor w/ out a build…spray it. IMO any good running functional motor w/ a upgraded fuel pump can take a 50 shot.

With your mods I would go with a SAFC for now… and if there is a tuner that can reflash would be better but get a SAFC and a wideband… and get it tuned…

how close to your 175 whp are you now? I mean, if you are at 172 then yeah, fuel management will probably put you at your goal.

the ideas that have been thrown out there are not Nissan specific, but rather fundamentals of the internal combustion engine. Fact is, that that your engine will make more power with a higher compression setup, whether you do that through pistons, or head gasket, or shaving the head, it doesn’t matter. You will never hit your goal and be “the first person to hit 175 na whp” in your car if you don’t think outside of the box and that might possibly mean talking to a machine shop, and shopping for pistons that will fit your engine, or will fit after it’s bored out. There is so much you can do, but again, if you are looking for the “bolt on Nismo head shaving kit” you aren’t going to find it.

I don’t want to get into what comes next, namely, can you hit your mark, on your budget, staying N/A. On a 4 banger, that will be very difficult because of the possible internal engine work required.

chris

factory claims 175hp, 185tq. on the sentra sites, its actually around 148-150 hp on the dyno. i figure around 5hp for the cams, 10 hp for header, and around 10 hp for cai/cat-back(nismo claims 8whp with cai), so im guessing im around that now. its just something i want to do without major work. i want to keep it reliable. honestly, i’d be happy with anything over 170hp on a dyno. to me, thats pretty good for a n/a 4 cyl. so if i get the safc2, that should put me over the edge.