HELP: Install / Tune SAFC II

Hey,

I just purchases a SAFC2 and would like to install it and tune it. Now the thing is, I am N/A right now, but am going to turbo later. So for the mean time I would like to mess around with the tuning for a bit before I boost.

The install seems easy enough I guess, I read up on it alot so far, but the thing I would like is someone willing to help me tune the car and give me some tips. I dont wanna dyno tune it for $120+/hour, I would much rather be taught how to self tune and do it myself with some guidance.

My application is a 1991 s13 ka24de soon to be turbo charged!

So if any one has some spare time to give me a hand or some helpful tips, throw the my way!

Thanks… -Ryan

are you turboing the ka? if not there isnt a point of installing it as you would be ripping the ecu and wireing out. If you are turboing the ka just get it installed and keep all your setting at 0. Its not going to make you any more power and if it does you are leaning it out causing more wear on the engine you plan to turbo. If you plan on tuning it yourself you are going to need a wideband o2 and dataloger would help alot. Dynoing would be the easyer route

Yes I do plan on turboing the KA.
Doesn’t the SAFC have some kind of replay function or data logging?
I am just getting into things here, I do plan on going JWT ECU as well to help things out a bit, then sue the safc to smooth the edges up a bit.

I am also looking for a AEM UEGO widband kit as we speak, so I will be able to tune it.

any advice is welcome!

Thanks.

ryan, ryan, ryan

all of that shit= time well wasted… money not well spent

HOWEVER once you have a turbo… then tune the car… no point in a wideband and an safc until you have boost… my advice… collect… collect… then install it all and have it tuned that way i dont have to hear your heart splatter on the floor after you blow it up!