speed trap on I-90 near exit 53a

I got a speeding award this morning. they had 4 troopers in cars and 1 SUV shooting lazer. pulling tons of cars over.

just wondering if anyone else got tagged.

What did they get you for?I heard anything under 69 is usually safe.
D

They say under 10% is usually acceptable.

IE: 30 zone = 33
55=60.5
65=71.5

But personally I usually do the 10 over rule when I want to speed, and not get a ticket, ewr merit badge.

Where are they shooting from? I’m usually 75-80 through there, I never see speed traps on the 90

you must be blind then.

the stretch from buffalo to Albany has to be the highest patrolled highway in america. It’s fucking ridiculous.

Cops must not have anything better to do…like stopping real crimes…

I guess gang fights in the middle of streets or domestic violence crimes are not as bad as going 80 in a 65.

I will never understand why most of our tax money that goes to police goes right into radar and laser units so piggys can sit on their ass in their warm cars and catch speeders.

Oh god. :picard:

I don’t have to express how moronic your statement is.

Na. The 81 is worse in the pig per mile ratio.

Its not even just a large presence, its dirty tricks to to hide and get speeders ie. sitting at the bottom of a hill

Where is 53a?

The 90 from Buffalo to Syracuse has a pretty high probability of radar traps. Pretty regular spots though so if you travel it a lot it’s easy to memorize where to slow down.

+1 on 81 being worse though. Syracuse to Alexandria Bay is crawling with them every time I go home for a visit. They never bother me with the cruise set at 75 though.

Because it’s a state trooper’s job to solve crime and break up gang parades down the thruway :picard:

hahahaha ^

haven’t you seen the parades???

only when i’m leading :wink:

I was headed east bound and the tahoe was parked on the right side entrance to a parking area, or was it a rest stop. I was going 87-90mph but the ticket was for 82 in a 65 he said the radar was for 87 and he also gave me a ticket for having a copy of the vehicle registration instead of the origional which i promptly gave to my fleet supervisor.

funny thing is I was just thinking there is no way a cop is going to sneek up on my and get me today. I was watching the turnarounds and center lane SOOOO close then I glance to my right and the trooper was like 100 yards from me on the right. I was like WTF then started laughing and stopped before I even saw a cop pull out of the parking area. The ticketing cop was pretty cool. after making fun of my copy of the registration and the fact that I couldent produce a insurance or registration card and said “do you know why I pulled you over?” I smiled and said well… I got a hunch. he smiled and went to his car to give me my trophy and said "this town reduces so it wont affect your licence. I thanked him and said drive safely and gave him a direct TV business card. (no ssarcasm)