speed trap on 290

about 2 miles after you get on the 290 heading towards grand island, there is 5 troopers, 4 had cars pulled over and another shooting laser.

Their donut fund must be running low.

just a FYI

i saw 5 troopers lined down 3 miles apart on niagara falls blvd from wheat field to amherst.

I also just passed this … 1 trooper shooting … 4 chasing … on the 290

dont try and get off at sheridan/harlem either … there are 2 sitting at the bottom waiting

it’s a bit over kill i’d say, like teh average american isn’t in enough of a financial burden, hit him with another $100+ speeding ticket.

Although, talking to a trooper last week, he said they are specifically going for people from canada.

i got a few tickets on my bike the day i left for vacation, wasnt a trooped though…

FALSE.

Too bad I didn’t have a recorder.

too bad that you fell for that line.

meh, he’s a friend of the family.

Overkill? You are an idiot. If you get caught doing something against the law then don’t cry. It’s that simple. Do the speed limit and point and laugh at the idiots who were in a rush to get somewhere a minute or two early.

/stupidity

because the last person who crashed SOLEY because he/she was going 10mph over the speed limit on a thruway was when?

how about instead of having 5 v8 crown vics idling and burning up $4.30/gallon gasoline, park them and send them home, because there is obviously nothing better for them to do.

/rant.

p.s this is just a warning, not turning it into a bitch fest.

If the average american is indeed in that much financial duress, then they shouldn’t take the chance of speeding and getting a ticket.

It’s pretty simple actually. If you can’t afford the fine, DON’T SPEED!!!

Thanks for the warning though!

If cops are supposed to be around to protect you, why do people hate seeing them?

I have to agree… if you are sooooo broke… you should drive slower… not only less likely of a fine but better MPG…

in my TDI i drive like grandma… good MPG FTW

but I also agree having a bunch of Tahoo trucks and crown vics out idling isnt solving the problem… having one or 2 out there… will make people slow down…

this will be a fun day to drive out to long island. I expect cops to be out all along the highways

Exactly. They are there for a reason. So don’t bitch when you seem them doing their jobs.

This is where the valentine one comes into play yummy

Jesus Christ you guys suck.

Thanks for the warning. Get off your high horses…you all speed too.

Not on the 290 I don’t.

Only retards speed on the 290. It’s 9 miles long from the 190 to the 90, and 9 out of 10 times you drive from one end to the other you’ll find a speed trap somewhere in that short 9 miles.

@60mph it takes 9 minutes.
@80mph it takes 6 minutes.

If saving 3 minutes is that big a deal you deserve the ticket.

Nothing against the original post though. I like to know when cops are out like that because they really fuck up the flow of traffic with all the idiots that see a cop and decide they better go 10 under the speed limit “just to be safe”.

:clap:

and dont tint your windows illegally and bitch when you get a ticket. or play a 50000 watt system going down a residential street with your license plate vibrating off and say “Amherst cops hate kids, man!”