speedo cable

I need to know where the speedo cable on the 240. How hard is it to change?

Does anyone have spare one for sale?

They don’t have speedo cables, it’s fully electric.

What’s the problem?

if your speedo is jumping its prolly ur speedo itself, ive seena few with that problem

the needle doesn’t move at all :frowning:

Check the Spedo Sensors output on the tranny.

dont mind me i’m a newbee to 240’s

but where’s the sensors… is it easier to get to from the driver side or passenger side??
how far down the tranny??

newbie q’s will stop eventually … jus bear with me :smiley:

It could be your speedo itself as easily as the speed sensor. A lot of times, both need to be replaced at the same time.

The speed sensor is on the passenger side of the tranny bell housing, about halfway along. It is a little metal cylinder.

thanks bro

Actually the Speedo Sensor is the last sensor on the tranny furthest from the bellhousing.

http://membersdb.son240sx.ca/images/membersdb/1009_tranny_connectors.jpg

http://membersdb.son240sx.ca/images/membersdb/1009_tranny_speed_sensor.jpg

shit

damn guys U good

very informative and fast
me like me like

i think i’mma gonna like it here :smiley:

ya the speed sensor is the one held in by the 8 or 10mm nut, just loosen that, wiggle and pull out… i doubt the speed sensor would go though, also check the clip down the line on the speed sensor it may be corroded or have come loose somehow…

If you have cruise control, just try it - if it works then you know its NOT your speed sensor and it IS your speedo. That way you wont have to get dirty.

I’m fairly certain the cruise control requires both a working speedo and a working speed sensor. I might be wrong, do you have a source on this?

According to the wiring schematic the wires to go from the speed sensor to the speedo and then to the cruise control computer. But in the troubleshooting diagram, it explains how to check the speed sensor circuit by jacking up the car turning the wheel by hand and measuring the voltage at pins 7 and 3 on the cruise computer connection. This implies that the cruise computer and speedo are simply wired in parallel with the speed sensor so if one breaks it does not affect the operation of the other. Also nowhere in the troubleshooting section for the cruise does it mention the speedo as a possible cause of cruise control malfunction. Since there is a good chance that a speed sensor or speedo malfunction will not be caused by a wire comming off somewhere in the guage cluster, there is a very good possibility that if the cruise and speedo both dont work its the speed sensor. Finally, if the curuise works, you have proven that the speedo itself is broken and that test only takes one trip around the block to perform so it would make an excellent starting point.

Well, you showed me :slight_smile:

Thanks

nice

now i jus gotta pic up my 240 on friday, find out if it has cruise control and check out everything U guys mentioned here so far

once again thanks for all the help

i’ll keep U posted