Speedo problems

Hey I just installed my Nismo 260kmh Speedo and I have a feeling that it’s not showing the correct speed, it might just be me though. I checked the RPM at certain speeds, could someone please tell me if it’s accurate? Thanks!

S13 KA. (I think S13 SRs have same gear ratios, so it would work.)

3rd Gear: 4000=85kmh
4th Gear: 3000=83kmh
4th Gear: 3500=98kmh
5th Gear: 3000=110kmh
5th Gear: 3500=130kmh

Not positive about the others, but i’m pretty sure that 5th @ 3,000 RPM should be 120km/h, just about dead on. This was with both speedometers i’ve used (stock & Euro 240km/h).

Perhaps I can try to confirm your other speeds later on if needed.

what wheels are u running

225/50R16, it’s the correct size and I’ve had them on for 2 years, I only installed the speedo yesterday. Maybe I’ll install my old one back and recheck all the speeds, but it’s a pain…lol

it looks about right … the stock speedos are off by about 200 rpm anyways.

i have 110 @ 3000 in 5th

3500rpm at 130km in a coupe i drive around with mine doesnt work

Speedo isnt accurate past 120kph regardless if you’ve changed to the 260kph Nismo Speedo.

And KA/SR Tranny’s do indeed have the same Gear Ratio’s but Rear End Gearing can vary (example, CA18 Diff is Geared lower so the revs will be higher) where as a Z32TT is geared higher so the RPMs would be lower.

But on my Speedo… anything over 120 slow gets further and further off (example, Speedo says 160kph where as the Laptop/Consult/ECU reads 145kph)

Ok, so it seems like it’s as accurate as the stock, that’s good enough for me.

After re-checking, mine is at about 114km/h @ 3,000 RPM in 5th, but there is a lot of room for speed variance with very little RPM change.

I’m sure you’re fine.

I checked today and your readings seem about right. I’m running stock 15s but it still seems about the same.

Ok, thanks for the help guys! I just wanna make sure I’m not 20+kmh off. lol