Spitzer rant

we should just tax the blacks more.

black tax FTW.

lol.

Sovereign nation?
I would start selling marijuana cigarttes to all you pot-heads and get rich if I was an indian.

[quote=“AWDrifter,post:42,topic:27282"”]

Sovereign nation?
I would start selling marijuana cigarttes to all you pot-heads and get rich if I was an indian.

[/quote]

there are places like that on the rez… or at least a few years ago there were.

weren’t the native americans promised everything west of the mississippi at some point? (im talking pre-civil war era)

world history recycles itself.

societies dominate other societies, it happens daily :shrug:

someday the US will be overrun, it’s just history

i didnt read this thread because im tired, but seriously fuck the indians.
what a bunch of babies. “waaahhh you took over our country”
Look how wonderful the reservation is. Everyone lives in a trailer, and has their own private junkjard at their house!!!

all joking aside
there are black people that want to be white
there are white people that want to be black
and japanese people that want to be white/black

you see what im getting at…

who the fuck do you know what wants to be native american??
think about that for a while.

PS. wher can i buy that sweet indian weed you speak of??

[quote=“Joe,post:36,topic:27282"”]

obviously not a job :roll2:

[/quote]

yea and a lot of fucking scumbags in the eastside of buffalo don’t have jobs and sell drugs on the street. Last time I went threw the Rez I didn’t see drug dealers and prostitutes.

The big problem is with the rezervations is that many (not all) of them keep the moeny they make in certain families and they are rich, yet the rest of the rez is poor. If you live on the rez you are not able to collect welfare or anything (to my knowlege, I may be wrong on this). The cateraugus (sp) rez is gorgeous. Yes there are trailors all over, but alot of nice houses, a school, nice appartments and what not. They use the $ for the community, which is good. But the simple fact remains that the rezervation lands are sovern nations and we have NO RIGHT to tax them. That is like Spitzer trying to tax Canada because NY sells Canadian beer. Instead of trying to fix the curruption in this state and make it efficient, they just tax more and throw money at the problems like they will fix themselves.

[quote=“JEG,post:48,topic:27282"”]

That is like Spitzer trying to tax Canada because NY sells Canadian beer.

[/quote]

Ok, first off, I want to vote for a ban for the complete lack of reasoning that went into that statement. There needs to be a “stupidity ban”, just a couple days or so, that forces morons to sit in the penalty box and think about how stupid they are.

Secondly, Jeg, the US DOES tax purchases made in Canada. Go over to Canada and try buying a bunch of stuff then bringing it back across the border. Guess what… you’re charged duty. Duty is simply the sales tax you should have paid for those items had you bought them in the US.

That’s all Spitzer is trying to do with the indians. Sales to non-natives that are taken off the reservation should not be tax free, just like they aren’t tax free with any other nation. Since the logistics behind putting up real border crossings around every reservation are pretty impractical, and the indians refuse to collect the tax at the merchant level, that only leaves taxing at the wholesale level as an option.

Americans buying goods at reservations are legally subjected to taxation. The only reason the the law is not enforced is because whenever there is an attempt to enforce the law, the Native Americans behave like fucking savages, blocking our fucking roads with tire fires. They seem to feel entitled to have their cake and eat it too.

To add insult to our injury, they benefit from our taxes so they’re twice fucking us.

Is it that hard to understand? :gotme:

[quote=“JayS,post:49,topic:27282"”]

There needs to be a “stupidity ban”, just a couple days or so, that forces morons to sit in the penalty box and think about how stupid they are.

[/quote]

All in favor?

Aye.

[quote=“JayS,post:49,topic:27282"”]

Ok, first off, I want to vote for a ban for the complete lack of reasoning that went into that statement. There needs to be a “stupidity ban”, just a couple days or so, that forces morons to sit in the penalty box and think about how stupid they are.

Secondly, Jeg, the US DOES tax purchases made in Canada. Go over to Canada and try buying a bunch of stuff then bringing it back across the border. Guess what… you’re charged duty. Duty is simply the sales tax you should have paid for those items had you bought them in the US.

That’s all Spitzer is trying to do with the indians. Sales to non-natives that are taken off the reservation should not be tax free, just like they aren’t tax free with any other nation. Since the logistics behind putting up real border crossings around every reservation are pretty impractical, and the indians refuse to collect the tax at the merchant level, that only leaves taxing at the wholesale level as an option.

[/quote]

bad example…but yeah. He has NO RIGHT to tax the rez.

[quote=“JEG,post:52,topic:27282"”]

bad example…but yeah. He has NO RIGHT to tax the rez.

[/quote]

Which is why he’s not trying to tax the res, but rather American’s who go over the border to purchase goods at the res.

They should tax us for what ever we do, maybe even a internet tax, cell phone tax, cable tax, maybe raise the sales tax…stuff like that would make up the budget…maybe even start a lottery so we could school our children for free…Lots of small taxes nobody would even notice.

[quote=“JEG,post:48,topic:27282"”]

The big problem is with the rezervations is that many (not all) of them keep the moeny they make in certain families and they are rich, yet the rest of the rez is poor. If you live on the rez you are not able to collect welfare or anything (to my knowlege, I may be wrong on this). The cateraugus (sp) rez is gorgeous. Yes there are trailors all over, but alot of nice houses, a school, nice appartments and what not. They use the $ for the community, which is good. But the simple fact remains that the rezervation lands are sovern nations and we have NO RIGHT to tax them. That is like Spitzer trying to tax Canada because NY sells Canadian beer. Instead of trying to fix the curruption in this state and make it efficient, they just tax more and throw money at the problems like they will fix themselves.

[/quote]

: PICARD :

^^^^^You think thats bad, look at my sig… just pray i dont post up the whole convos. :lol:

Im kinda on the fence about this.

but than again, i dont buy shit on the rez, so i dont care.

Block my thruways, and than your gonna start pissing me off.

:lol:

I’m not going to read most of the shit in this thread but I will say I personally know at least 4 people that have become multimillionares off of smoke/gas shops. Very little of that money has been put back into the reservation. They don’t even fucking pave their parking lots.

I’m partially Indian, I’ve worked on the rez, and I’ve grown up with many of the people making a decent buck there…