Sport Compact night @ PRP

Its tonight, gates open @ 5:30, timed runs @ 6:30, elims following. Im goin, just wondering if anyone else on here was.

I’m going. Not racing, though. Unless somehow I get out of work at a decent time, but I doubt it.

i’m running my slow vw, and i’m pretty sure my little bro is running his slow integra. he thinks he can beat me. :kekegay:

ill be running,. but losing

I’m going.

i went. i raced. best i could do with my slowassneon was a 14.922@94mph :frowning:
i still need to get it tuned :lol: (havent tuned it since the intake manifold and ecu changes)
made it into the quick 16 and only did 2 rounds of it. had a good time overall even though i wasnt running as fast as id like to be running (or rather, should be running)

i mite watch

did a mineral gray hatch bump u out?

hrm ya know, i cant really remember the color of it now… i just remember the gutted interior and it running 12.2 against me to bump me out.

btw, i really dont like the way they ran/run the quick16… it should be bracket too.

umm thats why its called the quick 16. its supposed to be heads up.

whats the point of building a car if all you will do is bracket race.

yup go to a real event and see if there is anything worth talking about in brackets.

i actually prefer to bracket race over heads up myself… it involves more skill. as im sure you guys know, heads up racing doesnt really take much skill… just go on green (well, slightly before of course, for the better reaction times) and whoever gets there first, wins. bracket racing on the other hand, has a touch more involved.

dont get me wrong, headsup racing definately has its place… and i enjoy it a lot as well.

you probably stand a better chance of winning a bracket racing even with a stock, automatic honda running 17’s. i think i’d rather see these guys going 11’s than watch something stock going rounds cause he’s consistant.

exactly

Bracket racing a slow car (i.e. anything that is not gonna blow street tires off on the line) does not require much skill whatsoever, but instead just requires a little consistency. As mentioned, a slow ass auto trannied car being launched with a 2 second R/T could easily win in a bracket racing event.

On the other hand, heads up requires getting every last fraction of a second you can to go as fast as possible with what you have. Most of the skill of heads-up takes place off the track getting the chassis and drivetrain tweaked and optimized. On the track, cutting as close as humanly possible to a perfect R/T is extremely important as well as the mind games that can be played at the staging lights.

Now come on guys, there’s room for both brackets and heads up. I don’t agree that a 2 sec R/T is going to win in the brackets though. You need good R/Ts no matter what class you run. If the fastest car always won, we’d only need to run time trials not eliminations. But we do need to run elims because you can holeshot a faster car and win, the faster car can break, lots of things can happen. Same goes for brackets, you have to run the race cause stuff happens. You cut a light, you run what you should run and you’ll win more than you lose. Brackets give the consistent drivers a better chance to win and the heads up give the faster drivers a better chance to win. Race where you want, both brackets and heads up deserve respect for what they do.

See you on Aug 26, come over and say HI. Brian

Just have to account for a 2 sec R/T in your dial in to still win in the brackets :burnout: 2 sec is forever in heads up eliminations