Spotted

Talked to a guy today that 180Drifter and I saw with a turbo KA24E. It was a pretty damn nice looking car, kind of an off yellowish gold coloured coupe. The guy was pretty nice, I invited him to the BBQ next week. It was pretty cool to see a pretty fast car that I never knew about. I think he said he ran a 13.6 or something.

YEah, its like a snot green, right? I think it used to be white. A white dude with glasses?

I remember him running at the track a few years back, and I thought I remember a 13.5. Turbo off of a Daytona (I think) and intercooler off a Cummins Diesel. Piping from Home Depot. lol. But it works.

What did he say when you invited him?

I wouldnt say snot green, I dont really know how to descibe it though, metallic mustard? Yeah it used to be white, the engine bay was still white. He said he got the piping off a Fiero or something, it actaully looked like a pretty good install. Two HUGE ICs.

He said he would try to make it out, I also told him to check the website for other meetings, unfortunately I didnt have any flyers on me.

Alot of KA24DET buildups are frankenstein junkyard creations, not exactly a huge market for the KA24DE in respect to turbo parts (withstanding a few kits).

Are we talking about a s14 here because I have seen a clean yellowishy colored one downtown and then later on in the day, I saw it up in St. Albert.

Nah, an S13 coupe.

Ohh. That’s a good time and a unique engine. :lol:

Anyone know if it’s a KA24E or KA24DE?

KA24E

I would love to see the dyno on that. SOHC all the way!

Talked to a guy today that 180Drifter and I saw with a turbo KA24E. It was a pretty damn nice looking car, kind of an off yellowish gold coloured coupe. The guy was pretty nice, I invited him to the BBQ next week. It was pretty cool to see a pretty fast car that I never knew about. I think he said he ran a 13.6 or something.

YEah, its like a snot green, right? I think it used to be white. A white dude with glasses?

I remember him running at the track a few years back, and I thought I remember a 13.5. Turbo off of a Daytona (I think) and intercooler off a Cummins Diesel. Piping from Home Depot. lol. But it works.

What did he say when you invited him?

I wouldnt say snot green, I dont really know how to descibe it though, metallic mustard? Yeah it used to be white, the engine bay was still white. He said he got the piping off a Fiero or something, it actaully looked like a pretty good install. Two HUGE ICs.

He said he would try to make it out, I also told him to check the website for other meetings, unfortunately I didnt have any flyers on me.

Alot of KA24DET buildups are frankenstein junkyard creations, not exactly a huge market for the KA24DE in respect to turbo parts (withstanding a few kits).

Are we talking about a s14 here because I have seen a clean yellowishy colored one downtown and then later on in the day, I saw it up in St. Albert.

Nah, an S13 coupe.

Ohh. That’s a good time and a unique engine. :lol:

Anyone know if it’s a KA24E or KA24DE?

KA24E

I would love to see the dyno on that. SOHC all the way!