spray on tint

So the guy who had my car before me did some spray on tint on the taillights. I thought it might have been actual tint that I could have just pealed off, but its chipping off like paint.

Any way to remove this stuff easier w/o damaging the paint on the body around it?

Thanks.

hrmm… so he smoked the tails.

In for results as I am curious.

Maybe a power washer?

-Remove taillight
-Attempt to use paint thinner, and a rag
-Should that fail use wet sand the light.
-Buff light to obtain proper clarity.

Wet sand paper will def work…

My guess is acetone, then once it’s removed, buff it with a random orbital ball and rubbing compound, following with a wax coat and you should have the original shine and color

Take the tails off and use some paint thinner.

:word: my friend had to do this to a head light and it worked out for him.

the guy that had my beater before me did the same thing i used some stuff called graffitti remover and a rag they might carry it at some place like home depot or lowes

Easy off oven cleaner…no joke. Try it

Also good for removing pin stripes…

Good method.

When I had my SVT, I used niteshades on a pair of side markers and used this method to remove the tint.

SOH MARRY SORUSHUNS!

lots of suggestions. Not sure what Im going to do. Is it fair to assume all these methods will also damage my paint of they come into contact with it? I mean…not like Id ever spray oven cleaner on my car ANYWAY, but ya know…

Paint thinner damages paint FYI

Just take off the tail lights so you can do a good job removing the tint.

Ya I know that will damage it. I was just looking for an excuse not to remove the tail light. I think its actually really easy on the Z though. Thanks all. Ill throw some pics up when i get time. Prob sat.

Haha, true.

you are correct sir