Sprint & Nextel

I bought my Netel phone & service back before Sprint bought Nextel.

A couple of my friend bought Sprint/Nextel service recently, and the Walkie Talkie is on the Nextel network, and regular calls are on the Sprint network. The companies claim that you get better service that way. However, i’ve heard nothing but problems, regarding dropped calls, and no service.

My phone is a million years old, so its on the all-Nextel network for Walkie Talkie AND phone service. And i’ve had no problems with my reception or service.

I pay month-to-month, but was looking to get a new phone, which would require signing for a new plan. But i wanna be on the all Nextel network, and not the Sprint/Nextel network.

Anyone know anything about Sprint/Nextel service that would give me some insight. The phone i have know is fine, but i’d like to get a newer model. Mine is the i530, which is the military issue, rubber covered one.

Sprint is trying to get rid of Nextel to streamline operations in preparation to be bought by Deutsche Telekom. If your shit works, I’d stay with it. I don’t have firsthand experience with the current Sprint/Nextel horrorshow, but I hear terrible things.

Deutsche’s hands were tied on the Sprint buyout due to contracts with France Telecom, but France Telecom just violated their agreements, and Deutsche is holding some kind of meeting today, presumably to make their play.

Sure. I had the i530 on “nextel only” network

wasn’t all too great. I ran into a lot of dead spots.

I then got on the Sprint/nextel network and got a hybrid phone(ic502). I did NOT have to renew my contract… just bought the phoone on ebay and activated it. Night and day difference. It’s a lot better, i get better reception overall.

but i’m still switching to verizon next month when my contract is over :slight_smile:

edit: oh yeah and nextel is getting ready to sell it’s towers to the government, just fyi

best move i ever made.

the plans aren’t the cheapest, but my BlackBerry works EVERYWHERE. I have data coverage in the sticks in QUEBEC!

Verizon FTW ! ! !

i had nextel back in the day and Verizon DEF > nextel

alltel FTMFW. Be even better when verizon takes it over.

I don’t have any problems with my Sprint service.:dunno:

I have a used but working just fine i 870 that I’ll sell you if you like

http://www.simonagreco.com/click/Nextel/i870.gif

let me know… $100…

And sprint has given me problems from the get-go. I wouldnt reccomend them to anyone