Sprint/Nextel to merge

http://www.comcast.net/News/BUSINESS//XML/1310_General_financial_business_news/3636f717-64be-4210-9479-964107aa3499.html

looks like prices are going to start coming down on wireless

just two months after the official AT&T/Cingular merger

:repost:

no, it’s really not

i know, but i read about it in thursdays newspaper

and it’s official

cell phones suck

cup and string is teh new hotness :slight_smile:

when I initally heard about it, the way it was explained nextel was buying sprint and I hate fucking nextel. But when it was the other way around I was happy because nextel sucks to begin with.

yup, although on the down side of things, Nextel execs will be running the new company.

Will service areas be any better cuz I have sprint and it sucks my ass.

sprint doesn’t suck ass… it’s > *

nextel isn’t taht bad… i would never buy a nextel phone / plan unless i was a business… maybe they’ll merge technology and sprints ‘direct connect’ won’t have a 4 second delay

well mine does. I don’t live to close to pittsburgh so the coverage area fades a bit for me. other than that I like em.

nextel sucks period my brother has one through the FD and you can never get through to him. it always give you that stupid message “please hold while the nextel subscriber you requested is located”. then it goes to his mailbox.

^ agreed…

when i think of nextel i only think of the 2 way shit… not even regular service.

nextel and cricket are garbage

actually, if you don’t need it outside of the Pittsburgh area, Cricket is pretty good.

i use 3000+ minutes a month, including long distance, for $54 a month, with voice mail, texting, call waiting, and caller ID.

And the reception is great with my beat old Nokia 3570… much better than Sprint was with my Sanyo 8100 or Toshiba 2332.

I have Verizon… 39.99 a month… and can get service all through PA, Delaware and went i went to Florida didn’t roam…

VERIZON> Any other company

did I never use roam, but If I have to it comes off my min now with no extra charge. so

Sprint > verizon now

PS I got service in Canada with no issues and no extra fees…

tell that to my old roommate.

he works up at the call center in Cranberry… you should hear some of the shady shit his supervisors do to customers.

Cricket is just garbage… to be honest with you, the best coverage now is Cingular, even better than Verizon

take a sprint phone, a verizon phone, a cingular phone, a nextel phone, and a cricket phone to the intersection of Brandt School and Pine Creek Roads in Franklin Park and tell me which phone works.

I’m the only person I know who doesn’t drop calls there.