Sprint/Nextel to merge

so you know people who have cingular phones already? since theyve only been around since nov 15 in the pittsburgh market

please… cellular is my occupation, this is one thing I know a lot more than you do about.

Cricket is utter garbage

take the cellular challenge… :rofl:

i don’t know.

my friend joe, who has/had AT&T, got a new phone.

would that be cingular?

i’m just using firsthand experience. for the north hills area, my cricket phone is better than my Sprint or AT&T phones were. I seem to drop calls less than Joe’s AT&T/Cingular(?) phone, and I’m paying half of what I was paying with Sprint ($124.99 a month when I had Sprint)

I know cricket is the only service that works well in the Northside/Perryhilltop/Spring Garden area.

It’s too many variables to really get a understanding of who’s service sucks or if you have a shitty phone, or someone is using a shitty technology.

How Cell Phones Work | HowStuffWorks <— really good site that most people should read to get a better understanding of cell phone technology and how you can make a better decision on your cell phone company.

yeah…I’ve never compared apples to apples… like a Nokia 3570 from Cricket and a Nokia 3585 from Sprint…

phone means nothing

technology network means everything

J.D. Powers Network National Ratings.
*-A side carrier
**-B side carrier

1.) Cingular/AT&T GSM*
2.) Verizon Wireless CDMA* (Vodafone PLC) (non-roaming enhanced)
3.) Nextel Communications iDEN*
4.) T-Mobile (Deutche Telekom)* GSM (proper, non roaming)
5.) Sprint PCS (CDMA enhanced)*
6.) Cingular/AT&T TDMA*
7.) U.S. Cellular CDMA**
8.) Southern Linc iDEN**
9.) CellONE TDMA**
10.) AllTEL CDMA**
11.) Leap (Cricket, select markets) CDMA**

is that why my beat old Nokia gets much better reception than amanda’s brand new Kyocera on the same network?

same network is a diff thing

but comparing a nokia on cricket, to a nokia on sprint is apples to oranges

my old nokia on AT&T was 10x better than my new kyocera on Verizon.

AT&T >* in my opinion

i’ve had a cingular blackberry for over a year with a philly number… works great in pittsburgh

i’ve never roamed unless i was driving through somewhere… if i needed to make a call i just stop and after 30 seconds it would pick up the network

i’ve been from new orleans to canada to jersey to vegas… sprint has no issues.

plus they were the first all digital… i’ve been with sprint for 9 years now.

wasnt the point i was trying to make against Blayner

just saying cingular was better than AT&T in pittsburgh before they even offered it!

“Blanyer”.

thanks.

:finger:

well now theyre the same thing, so no diff heh

and Blanyer, sorry… but since I misspelled yor name, you will forever be known as Blayner

my buddy has had cingular up here for 3 years…course it’s not the “pitts” market they’ve sold it at walmart up this way since i can remember…that and cell one

that’s because you’re practically next to the canadian border up there…

what do you consider yourselves up there? suburban buffalo?

:rofl:

GSM is spottier than Shaler’s stained panties…

the older AT&T GSM was… not after the merger