Sprint/Nextel to merge

tru dat…

we were at a meeting today in Beaver Falls. all the hardcore att peeps were out of service. Verizon was right there, full signal!

I have driven cross country. at no point in time I was i out of service. excluding the desert in Utah. it might have gone out every few miles.

but to me that is freaking awesome, and something no one can compete with. I just hope Verizon bumps up there phone product line!

I’m so sick of having to deal with verizon though:

I had national coverage so my wife takes my phone to Houston to help with my dad’s stroke. Stolen while she is in the hospital, I call get it shutoff… They want me to pay full retail price on all their phones… They refuse to program my old Nokia that is completely CDMA compatible… Total crock of shit…

BTW: the reason they don’t expand their phone line is cause they want you to buy the phones with all the data services so they can charge you more. It’s a total crock of shit, and I’m now getting my replacement on ebay.

yeah when i got my phone stolen in LA, same shit… I bought a phone for 250… ouch

gprs > gsm

i have cricket… its like a maaco paintjob…if u dont fuck with it it looks good

ya not fair… the GSM service is the whole country… so there saying there GSM that goes across the country is better then local Verizon… DUH… comparing apples and oranges :rant: :ugh:

theyre comparing Verizon’s CDMA National network, vs the National GSM, unfortunately for Verizon customers, you must pay a premium rate plan price to be able to go national, without roaming. That option is standard with GSM plans.

as of right now

Cingular/AT&T National GSM > Verizon National CDMA

AT&T/Cingular GSM:

http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi-bin/ni_map.pl?cc=us&net=at

That seems pretty damn spotty to me, but I don’t know who else they can piggyback off of with GSM.

Update: Found a worthwhile National CDMA coverage by Verizon.

that even says its from 2003… man, youre far off

but I guess you’re going to say their coverage for 2004 sucks too huh

Nice,

How in the world do you merge two different cell technologies is what I’m curious about, there is no physical way they could add that many towers, I’m not familiar enough with cell technology in that kind of depth. From what I understood about Cingular is they were all CDMA?

Cingular has always been TDMA and GSM… AT&T has always been TDMA and GSM. Put the two together, you get the map i posted above.

so hence Cingular/AT&T GSM > Verizon