Spun a bearing.........

Wwell it looks like i might not be getting rid of the GTP :mrT: . I beleive i spun a bearing on friday,not 100% sure. Car has 80,000 miles and started to tick as soon as i got my buddys house on friday, ticking got louder as the RPM,s got higher. Soundsl ike i t is coming from the block. Now the car runs fine,no ses light,no leaking of fluids,not running hot and no misses or spudering. I,ll hopefully know whats going on tomorrow when i stop by the garage.I couldn,t scan the car at all.So…if it needds a new motor i am going to keep it and look into a turbo kit.

Thoughts on problem anyone?

drain the oil into a clean pan and look for bronze flakes. if you find anything you probably spun a bearing.

uim or lim?

Not too sure,and i did check the oil on friday and it loks good,i just changed it last week along with a belt too

sucks…i feel your pain…hopefully it is nothing major

could be as simple as the sc coupler. (just trying to throw some ideas out there)

could just be valvetrain related

lifters, springs, loose rocker bolt, any of those

edit - if you do go the new block/turbo route make sure you use the L67 short block not the L36. L36 is way to weak to handle boost for very long IMO

that sucks

Thanks for the info, u gotta remember…i have bee naround the grand prix community for 6 years now,i think i know my ol’GP,LOL. I ,m no rookie when it comes to these cars. :burnout: .I,ll have to see whats up tomorrow then decide quik. No valve train problems,not the rockers or push rods,so i odn,t know yet.

Eh…just got back fro mthe shop and my engine is kaput! The bearing did spin nad now i need a motor :eek4: WTF man,i can,t get any fucking breaks!!!

dude that sucks…so what now?

Sorry to hear that. But it gives you the chance for “Well, as long as I’m rebuiliding it…”

dude that sucks i did it last year. f gm

:mad:

ill keep an eye out for low mileage L67’s. sorry to hear

Thanks brian and jeff.thats what i want to do,might as well throw in a cam,pems adn springs while i am at it,but first i need to find a good motor that will hold up to that. Brian…u htink that that 74,000 mile one would be ok to do this too? Throw in my old mods and some new too? I am looking to spend baout like 1500-2000 total for everything,i might try to do alot myself if i can.

damn dude. sorry to hear. good luck

Wwell i have thought about it, i have two options(actually a couple but these are the best and most logical ones) for my needs now.

1. Buy a motor with whatever miles and throw it in and just run it stock for awhile and just try to rebuild the old one over a span of whateevr time n money comes my way and just build my old one up to what i want in the mean time,do it with a lil bit of help or just learn in the process.

2.Pull old mototr out and get used one and just put my old mods on it and cam,springs,pushrods and pems on it and hope for the best.

:dunno:

damn man, I keep forgetting :doh: :smiley:

good luck with whatever you do

LOL,i was just busting ur balls man.