spy shot of new Nissan GT-R

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ASSALBERT/DSCF0405.jpg

caught testing in New Mexico

I hate it how ALL of Nissan’s new cars look FAT.

What happened to the sleek, sexy look of all those silvias? :(. Or the angry-not-fat-monster look of the original skylines??

Anyway, cool stuff. It better perform better than it looks.

Fat IS the new sexy!!

I like it

i like i liike i like
i still pick 1999 grr r34 over it tho :slight_smile:

i bet those are the first chinamans they ever seen in a group liek that in mexioooo…

this aint 1990s man, companies want to be cool and make all their products PHAT.

seen the GT-R months ago, i heard it sounds nice too.

2008 or 2009, i forgot.

anyone know the date of release and or pricing ? specs? etc ? i want this car lol

ill tell you when you send lisa over :slight_smile:

i heard $70k - $80k cdn.

hey i wonder what you guys think about this.

do you think that the market for sports cars has changed in more of a psyhological factor. it seems that the market for sports cars has changed over time and has changed their target market to those who look for more of a wide/aggressive look instead of a small toss around like sports car.

most sports cars now have that wide aggressive stance and i also think it is targetting those with that specific psychological state of mind. your not going to see a person who makes a decent sum of money to afford these cars be shy or not outgoing. the style is more of those who are go-getters and have some type of confidence.

what do you guys think?

the new GT-R is also going to be available in america (found this on AOL Autos)

“The upcoming version, which will hit dealer showrooms in late 2007 or early 2008”

and the price is 70k USD, which is about 84K CDN

i think it looks great.

http://cdn.channel.aol.com/channels/09/07/45c38cb9-00139-03592-400cb8e1

http://cdn.channel.aol.com/channels/09/07/45c38cba-002e8-03592-400cb8e1

^^ samson, i think i wish i could afford one. :wink:

those are the concept pics not the actual final design , and yes it is coming to North america, thats why they were testing it on american roads :wink:

Very nice design I’m liking it, should be good competetion with the Z06. Cant wait till the release!

Not too suspicious eh?

A dozen non-english speaking Japanese people huddled around some foreign supercar talking in hushed tones, in the middle of the desert…

I love Nissan.

Actually, it’s not that weird seeing the new GT-R being tested down there. Yes, it will be available here in NA and they probably want to test the car in some extreme temperatures.
Also, Nissan has a nice test track down in Arizona which is about 9km long and the whole facility is huge… something like the 12million sq.m. And Arizona just happens to be right beside New Mexico where that GT-R was spotted :slight_smile:

edit: Right from nissannews.com

the Arizona Test Center, located on 3,050 acres in the Arizona low desert where temperatures can rise to 115 F. This intense heat makes ATC the perfect place to test Nissan vehicles for hot weather, heat durability, engine cooling and air conditioner performance. ATC also has a 5.7 mile high-speed oval and four individual road courses which are designed to test vehicle durability, reliability and ride comfort. ATC engineers see vehicle testing as an ongoing commitment. They not only test prototype vehicles but also test vehicles after they are in the market to ensure long-term reliability.

I wonder if those guys get paid, cause i’d do it for free All day everyday.

BTW 200!!!

You have to see the suspension setups on these car new cars compared to our older s13’s and s14’s. The cars are so much more balanced. Yaw, pitch and roll is so much better and predictable. These setups have less unsprung weight. Keep in mind these new car will never be anything like our other cars, emissions is what makes our market.

In my opinion, body proportions got messed up when sports car owners started complaining about head room and back seat space, or difficulty getting into a car that sat too low (wah wah lol).

In order to address those issues you generally get a bubble roof, weird dimensions, and an overall bigger car.

Like an RSX vs. the old Integras, or a 350Z vs an S13, for example.

With that said, I think this new Skyline looks pretty good for what it is, and i’ll be looking forward to seeing it. It’ll make a great touring-sports car, guaranteed! :slight_smile:

it could be that. or the fact the buyer wants a car that people will look at him for. usually the people that can afford these cars…also have a denali, escalade or lambo in there garage etc. the new gtr would be sold to them, either for them to have attention or there looking for speed. IMO its for attention. it is a nice car…but i would think somone who truely knows the history behind the skylines and buys that car would be “qualified” for it, as apposed to somone who just buys nice bulky cars for the fuck of it.

me…i’d take a r32 over any other skyline…any day.

but since many of us cannot afford such vehicles as the r35…were stuck with our two-fours:D

oh anyone else notice

lhd?