SQL query ?????????????????????????

OK pretend I know nothing about computers, I know real stretch. lol

I need a list of parts ID’s that have no inventory transactions between 10-1-2008 and 9-30-2009.
The support guy at the software company is COMPLETELY useless. He keeps supplying statements that are f’ed up and says we are not being clear as to what we want. HOW MUCH MORE CLEAR CAN WE BE?
PART ID’S THAT HAVE NO/ZERO/ZILCH TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN 10-1-2008 AND 9-30-2009!!!

We have gone back and forth several times and for some reason he can’t understand what we need.

Is it not clear?
We are basically looking for dead inventory part ID’s.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Depends what data is stored, as to what can be pulled. Seems like you are being reasonable though.

Yeah this is pretty simple, I am not asking for vendor zip codes west of the Misssissippi but not west of the Rockies. LOL

on second thought, this is probably harder than you think…but not impossible

as I said before, it all depends on how the data is stored

MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle?

At this point I think I could have scanned through the over 11,000 part ID’s to see if they have moved or not but, then what is the point of a database? Right?

Would it be an easier to see part ID’s that HAVE had transactions in the time period?

SQLBase server Gupta Technologies. :gotme:

If you can tell me what the database type is, and maybe the field names I can help you.

Edit… You beat me to it, now how about the field id’s

SELECT * FROM Parts WHERE PartID NOT IN (SELECT PartID FROM Transactions WHERE TranDate > ‘startdate’ AND TranDate < ‘enddate’)

Something like that? lol

The software is called Visual Manufacturing, the company is infor.

lol

valiant effort LZ, but there is not chance in writing a query unless you see the structure of the db

Infor ughhhh they make software called FDC that uses pervasive sql ughhhhh so much fail

Obviously…I was making a generalization :lol:

He has asked if we want parts that have had transactions outside that date. I am pretty sure EVERY part outside that date has had at least one transaction unless it was created this year!!!:suicide:

It is pretty scary that this guy is messing with people’s databases.

Here is a statement he gave us…

SELECT DISTINCT P.ID,P.DESCRIPTION FROM PART P, INVENTORY_TRANS I
WHERE P.ID(+) = I.PART_ID AND I.TRANSACTION_DATE NOT BETWEEN ‘10-OCT-2008’ AND ‘30-SEP-2009’;

He has told us we are not being clear in our request.:banghead:
Once again, tell me if this not clear…
PART ID’S THAT HAVE NO/ZERO/ZILCH TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN 10-1-2008 AND 9-30-2009!!!

When his wife asks him what he wants to eat for dinner does he tell her she is not being clear?!?

that query looks legit

is it still not working?

We use Visual Manufacturing at the machine shop I work at. I can’t think of a way to retrieve the information your looking for. As far as I can tell the software really only keeps track of the parts you do have transactions for…not the other way around. :gotme:

^^No it is giving us every part that has had a transaction NOT BETWEEN those dates which is pretty much every part.

Right, these parts have had transaction but not recently.

Remove ‘NOT’