SR..AC question? anyone???

here is a quote from heavy throttle

" The AC compressor wire from the KA engine bay harness should be used NOT the SR harness AC wire (even though it fits)."

If you have an AC with your SR you might be able to help me here.
the new AC compressor that came with the SR needs to be connected, and the above quote says to use the wire from the KA harness not the SR, BUT the KA harness wire is different than the SR so how does it fit? (it doesnt) so the above quote is wrong, unless im missing something?
Anyone

lol, i got an sr, but AC is heavy and gay, AND it takes up a lot of space, i suggest you just completely remove it :slight_smile:

sorry for being no help :slight_smile:

lol yeah i dont get why the hell im trying to get it to work, in the 5 years i’ve owned my 240 i always had AC on my KA but never has my AC worked, so why the hell start now…
but the info could be good.

Air conditioning is very homosexual… :lol: :roll:

You should be using the compressor from the KA if im not mistaken…

You should be using the compressor from the KA if im not mistaken…[/quote]

i hope youre mistaken or im doing lots of work for nothing.

lol yea, the KA compressor lines up with most but not all of the bolts on the SR. How exactly did you plan on changing compressors, without letting out all the poison gas?

and thats illegal too,

A/C wastes lots of hp and gas, remove it like me, then remove the p/s too if your a real man.

u just removed P/S cause u dont have hte lines lol… running no P/S on a P/S car sucks ass!! and its not fun for drifting either :stuck_out_tongue:

^^^^ true i dont have the lines, but i feel the road better and i’m begining to really like that.

Alright Nik, if youre a REAL man remove your windshield and mirrors for weight saving…

:thumright:

and the hatch, hood and wheels.

dont forget the engine… thats heavy…

^^^ LoL Projct Truck 240.

Matt i think thats a project for you and that Gold Car. :stuck_out_tongue:

You should be using the compressor from the KA if im not mistaken…[/quote]

i hope youre mistaken or im doing lots of work for nothing.[/quote]

The ones I’ve done that kept AC I used the KA24DE compressor (haven’t doen KA24E) with SR bracket, only two bolts fit but it works fine, and the pullies line up.

Wiring depends, if you want to keep AC yes you use the KA wire that plugs into the compressor, but there’s more to it than that. You need to ensure you have the right wires form the ECU going to the right places on the plugs by the washer bottle for the AC too. The ones I did I built the harness using KA and cut SR, so haven’t actually done it with a full SR harness (I’m guessing that is what you have).

Your other option is to throw away all the AC stuff, but that’s the option that everyone who can’t be bothered to figure it out chooses.

I hope your talking S13 here, S14 is a completely different story

-Martin.

S14 AC unit is controled by computer…

but just curious…~~how difficult is it…to let S14 AC work :roll:

sorry to burst your bubble guys but ive got the SR AV connected and waiting to see if it works, besides you can counter the weight with some extra boost.

Yep, S14 controlls it with the computer, SR S13 computer doesn’t have this controll, so to get it working you’d need to implement that control some other way. I haven’t tried to get this working yet, the only S14 swap I’ve done theh guy didn’t want AC so that was simple :slight_smile:

-Martin.

F all of this wiring it up to the ecu, just run a wire straight to the compressor for remote and then use a toggle switch with a relay.
this is probably the easiest way. the lines are the hard part.

Micky mouse all the way. If it works don;t touch it

-deez

this seems like a easy job if it works… ^^ :smiley: