SR IACV (AAC) (Not your average problem)

I have the same problem on my kat right now but i was reading the safc manual and it talks about something called the “deceleration air upper limit setting”

Here’s what it says

In case of a turbo vehical equipped with a hot wire type airflow sensor, the engine may be stalled by blow-back when the throttle is released. In this case, engine stall can be pervented by using the deceleration air upper limit setting. With the deceleration air upper setting, an upper limit is given to the airflow output voltage at the engine rpm set at Ne01 and Ne02 (Ne01 and Ne01 of Ne-point) below the Thr throttle opening.

I haven’t got my problem fixed yet and if someone knows how to work the safc2 than any help is appreciate

thanks
and i hope this helps you as well

what is a BISS

Base Idle Speed Screw I believe

Sorry to bring this up from the dead but just checking to see if you ever solved this problem D?

He ran 13.5 @ 10psi. I’m pretty sure it’s solved. :wink:

so what was the problem then? How did he solve it?

It ended up being the mafs being too close to the compressor wheel.

Apparently some reversion will occur and the mafs gets confused and sends funny signals to the ecu.

I am sure Dustin will better explain what I just said.

Ah - good old turbulence

wow this thread might have just made me the happiest man alive…ive been goin through the exact same problem with my ca18det…if moving my maf farther from the compressor wheel fixes my problem aswell someone is a genious. :smiley:

this is the problem I’ve been having. When my engine decelerates, the rpms don’t “catch” and drop very low, causing the engine to struggle to prevent it from stalling. Where is the IACV and the TPS?
I want to fix this problem ASAP so I don’t have to blip the gas to prevent the rpms from dropping too low