SR Oil Filter

Alright,
For those with SR’s… i’m sure you have run into this problem at one point or another, unless you have gotten an oil filter relocation kit (which i was too cheap to buy, but now regret it) I got 5 brand new oil filters for my sr, but i am not able to take the old one off…

The only way I can think of to take it off, is to use a socket with an extension… now my question is, is there such a thing as a socket made to take off oil filters? and if there is, where can i purchase one?

AND
How were you able to change ur oil filters?

thanx guys :slight_smile:

Yes Canadian Tire Sells a Universal Socket Wrench Oil Filter Removal Tool.

It has three claws on it that grasp the filter to remove it.

The way i took my seized filter off was stabbed a long flat head screw driver through it and reffed it off that way i found that worked best.

The filter is easiest to change when the engine is out and then you just don’t reef down on it too hard when you install it. Haven’t had any problems yet with mine. (touch wood) Also I know that the GReddy filter relocation kits were on a 10 month back order when I did the swap.

no mike we put a new filter on before we dropped the engine in, now its time for an oil change.

Pavel if you cnat get it with your hands, you have to get a tool from crappy. bring one of your filters with you and check to see if the cap from crappy works on the filter, if not, you either have to get one of those adjustable length rubbery thingys (they work amazing) or screwdriver job the bastard!

yeah its a really big hand twister to get it off, i went to CT and didn’t get a universal filter remover but an oil filter cap remover thingy, its a black cap that fits the groove of the oilfilter, there are like 4 different sizes.

Just stab a screw driver through it.
Forget fussing with all those fancy tools.

I know, I’ve already changed it twice…

im talkin bout pavels car… im confused

this method is usually messy
unless you like oil going down your arms

just get the oil filter wrench that is adjustable and open ended… its got little teeth on the ends that grip onto the filter.

when you put the new one in, grease or oil the seal a little, just put it on with your hand real tight so its not a bitch to remove next time. check for leaks, then go

oh, and dont buy your tools from canadian tire
go to Princess Auto… its a much better, and cheaper place.

http://www.princessauto.com/PAcountry.cfm?CTRY=CAN&INF=home