stuck oil filter FML...help anyone????

ok as title says, I think I may have a oil filter that not willing to budge.

I tried both my hands at the SAME TIME…didn’t work
I tried the metal band filter wrench that wraps around the filter and twists off…didn’t work
I tried the the oil filter cap with the ratchet attachement…didn’t work

I googled it and it says to shear the oil filter off by using a screw drive and then try to take off the end part of the oil filter that is attached to the block, somehow.

like wtf…this is my first project on the car, and its already going downhill, its really pissing me off.

anyone has any other solution???

put some sandpaper around the oil filter to get some grip and try using your hands or band wrench over that. If that still doesn’t work try some pb blaster LOL idk if that would help, but couldn’t hurt to try??

What engine is this on? If the tools dont work wich they should try using rubbers gloves wetting them with water helps a little too.

hammer a Large screwdriver full through the filter -both sides- and crack the seal, then your good, ive noticed this with KA’s seems even if you hardly tighten the filter its always a mission to get off, now i just lightly hand tighten enough to seal,

I have a KA
see I wanted to do that, but all the people who did it, are left with the end part of the filter still on the block , and thats a whole nother mess to deal with. Its just, I have NO room down there what so ever, but i think the screw driver method is my last resort, but for now, i need something promising. i might try the sand paper on oil filter removal cap, and WD-40 the seal part, see if that does the trick

i had the same problem, you just have to keep trying. Like mr phonso said try to grip it and keep on going at it till it budges.

when all else failed on my filter I used on of these and got it off in a second

http://www.oildepot.ca/images/plier-filter-wrench.jpg

try that, Candian tire has them

+1

thank the all mighty lord. I got it off.
I put the wide rubber band around the filter and put filter cap and the ratchet, IT WOULD NOT WORK.
then I’m like fuck it, I wasted too much time on this, and hammered the screw driver in and twisted it, and WOALA, THE FUCKING THING MOVED for once.
here is the after math :
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5613/sdc10301r.jpg
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/752/sdc10296p.jpg
oh, a close inspection of the oil gasket reveals the guy didnt put any lube around the seal, so MAYBE that might have caused it…oh ya MOPAR sucks

and thanks everyone for adding their constructive input. appreciate it

Happened to me twice before even tryin to use all those tools. For future reference, sometimes getting the motor good and hot works aswell. That was my solution.
PS, don’t dump your oil before trying this lol.

+1 lol, even though i was skeptical

hammer and screwdriver -run it through man…lol

wtf is with the mopar filter?

the guy who did the oil change put it on i guess??? didnt even know he put that on till now

lol mopar woO! glad to see it worked dude

hahahahaha

Yeah, that’s no fun is it?

Thats really strange because that filter is probably made by Chrysler…o and this what Mopar stands for…

“Mopar (short for MOtor PARts) is the automobile parts and service arm of Chrysler Group LLC. The term was first used by Chrysler in the 1920s and has been in continuous use ever since. Mopar parts are original equipment manufactured parts for Chrysler vehicles. In Canada, these were sold under the Chryco and AutoPar brands until the Mopar brand was phased into that nation’s market, starting in the late 1970s.”

lol i dont get it… i didn’t know the history behind mopar, but thanks for letting me know lol . but i guess the previous owner, went to some domestic car shop for an oil change, either way that filter is raped and in the recycling now…LONG GONe

well i deal with that shite evryday, usally if i have room i take me air hammer and at the very top of the filter" the crown" i burp my air hammer and usally it will moved it. just for the real stubborn ones