SR oxygen sensor problem.

I have a Blacktop S13 SR20. The signal from the oxygen sensor doesn’t seems to be sending to the computer. The car is running rich all the time. I replaced the sensor with a new one and it do the same thing. I was thinking if the guy who did the swap made some mistake in the wiring. Can somebody give me some advice or information on the wiring of the swaps?

Peter

hey man congrats on the swap. with your running rich problem, youu do have to extend o2 wires, it could be a bunch of thing other than an o2 sensor. wich mass air flow metter was used, intake air temp sensor, engine coolent temp sensor. what year is the engine, wich ecu did they use. prior to 1996 ecus have a self test function to get dtcs.

The car was done long time ago by a shop. They did extend the wires, but I don’t know if they did it right. They used the 89-90 240sx MAF sensor. The other sensor probably come with the engine. It’s a late model S13 SR20 because its a blacktop.

so what do you think?

that maf sensor works perfectly with any s13 sr20det engine however it could be the actual pin out on the ecu…The J4 type-x blacktop ecus had different pinouts and in that case the o2 wont read in the ecu…
Do u know if ure harness and ecu came out of the same car in japan?

The harness and engine should be from the same car because it was a front clip. Is there any way to check the pins?

Peter

dipens what modle and year your black top is. yes o2 sensor pins are in a differnt locaction.also j4 ecu ignition coil pins are in a differnt place than say a 62 ecu, it wouldnt even start, on my 1995 has a 96-98 180sx black top (j4 ecu) i have an aem ems ecu in it now. aem acualy gives you a complete pin out. its ausome.