sr running stupidly rich... help!

my motor is an s13 blacktop sr20det. megan manifold, bings elbow, front mount.

okay so the other night my ignitor chip finally shit the bed and my car would switch between three cylinders and four cylinders every few seconds. when this happened, my car also started running really rich. my wide band was reading 10, and staying there, so it was even lower then that. my car also started spitting after 3000rpm. maybe my timing has changed?

yesterday I got a new ignitor chip and that solved the number one cylinder not firing. however, my car still runs super rich. I also had a huge hole in my turbo elbow, so I figured it may have been my o2 sensor getting a bad reading due to excessive exhaust leak. i put a new elbow in yesterday aswell and still no change.

I’m thinking my maf or o2 sensor may have died. I’m hoping somebody on here has had a similar problem and can maybe point me in the right direction.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

it also has a rough idle (rev hunting) and it almost stalls when i come to a stop.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

another thing I just remembered. when I first start my car, it runs lean for a few seconds, then goes down to around 14.7 for a few more seconds, and then drops to 10 an lower all the sudden. if I shut my car off, wait a minute and restart it, it does the same thing again.

umm. vacuum leak/boost leak?

this is where i’m not sure. i had a hole in my intercooler piping before this issue, and i taped it up with a shit ton of duct tape haha (couldn’t get it welded at the time). after i taped it up my car was fine and ran good. may have still been leaking, but a lot less then it was before. i checked the hole after the current issue and its still covered with tape.

lol tape + boost = leak.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Fix the tape then recheck. You may have killed your o2 sensor while your car was running rich/misfiring. If the piping wasn’t the problem, unplug your sensor and see if it makes any difference.