SR Swap bugs

Hey there I finally got My SR running semi correctly. However I have a issue with it and that is when I’m starting it it doesnt like to idle at first, it goes from about 600-200 rpm almost dying then suddenly it shoots up to 3000-3500rpm and wont kick down. Is there any known reasons for this, I already checked for boostleaks but I need some second opinions.

is this with the new harness or your old butchered one?

New bit, the car runs very well now, just wont idle reasonably.

is the cruise control hooked up? could be flooding it to start then once it picks up
idles insane. long shot but not hard to check.

peace

no the cruise isn’t hooked up.

joey, i’m going to be at the shop all day tomorrow so i’ll see whats up, i’m thinking a vacuum leak. if you aren’t doing anything, come out.

hey Joey… inspect the TB… maybe its stuck open for some strange reason. I’d also inspect the TPS to make sure its not on backwards because that would do it.

good call jeff, throttle cable was too tight.

runs good now, but when we tried to move the car under its own power finally the clutch seemed like it wasn’t able to grab, you can put the car in gear and turn over the engine with the clutch pedal out and it won’t move. the clutch feels proper though, anyone have an idea as to what it may be?

anyone have any suggestions for this? the clutch pedal feels good, it has a new slave cylinder and was just bled today. with the clutch pedal out, not pressed you can shift into gears with the engine running without a problem at all.

the only thing i can think of is that horrible Toronto JDM took the clutch disk out for some reason but left the pressure plate (maybe it was aftermarket and they sold it to make more money?). thats a pretty unreasonable thing to ever happen though.

possibly the clutch fork is bent towards the slave cylinder somehow and is pressing against the edge of the hole where it comes out, then is always pushing the diaphragm springs on the pressure plate in, whether the slave is pressed or not… though i see no possible way that the fork could ever bend that way, since it would be the opposite way of how the slave cylinder pushes against it.

as far as i can tell, something absolutely retarded that has never happens has happened, haha.

hopefully someone has a more reasonable idea than what i’m thinking here. my ears are open to any insane suggestions. thanks.

for anyone interested, we took the tranny off today and had a look, the clutch disk was so worn that the rivets were grinding into the flywheel & pressure plate.

still, even with a really worn clutch disk i would think you’d be able to at least move the car…

nah i had a clutch disk that looked the same, i was sitting on a Dead flat road. and at 6-7000 rpm in anygear …to be honest ANY rpm in any gear. nothing was happining. def clutch prob