electrical problems.

i just swapped in my sr and everything ran fine. i drove it around the block and everything seemed good.no leaks or odd sounds. just that at first my rpm and speedo didnt work. only the white light for the clock would come on. so i shut it off and started it up the next day and now everything works but my car idles at around 2000-2500 rpm. does anyone know if the rpm is anything serious or if i can just adjust it and i guess the wiring is just a bad connection somewhere.

thanks, justin

what clutser SOHC or DOHC?

and the idle is not good… too high will strain the motor…
adjust the screw… should do the trick

i have the right jdm cluster. and just solved both problems in one. i started it and my gauges wouldnt work again so i just revved the motor up to probably around 4 or 5000 and all of a suddon everything worked. but before that nothign worked,windhield wipers, lights nothing. and i just let the car sit for about 15 minutes and the idle dropped right down to 800. now i know this isn’t a good thing so im going to check over the electrical but i just thought it was kind of weird.

Yeah the idle should be at about 750-800RPM, but that definitely sounds like a problem to me… Look into that before you burn your car down dude.

yeah when i first start up my sr it revs around 2k about 15 secs… then it settles down to 800. been like that for 3 years now and i have no problems with it.

ok so idle seems to be steady now its just every time i start it nothing works…the car runs great but nothing electrically works except for the clock light then i rev it up a bit and everything comes on. weird. ill see if i can find out what it is. thanks guys for the replies

Alternator?