sr swap help

k so i’ve been looking at some old threads and am still unclear about an sr swap power steering options. at heacy throttle it says:

Since the KA engine was DOHC, the power steering bolts right on with no modifications. If using a SOHC chassis you will need to buy the high pressure 91-94 DOHC power steering line and reservoir to make the power steering work, or have your SOHC line cut and brazed to the rack end.

so if i buy the dohc lines then it should work right?? but my other concern is if it donsnt come with a p/s pump, then i read on here that a ka will bolt onto an sr, but are all the end connectors the same? so what i mean is will the ka dohc lines bolt onto an sr pump? they should, but i could just use someones experience to make sure.

Also i’ve been looking at a top mount turbo but do u think it would fit on a usdm car? i mean theres already a bunch on stuff in the way, but even if it was a custom fabricated downpipe do u think it would fit between the steering column since there both on the same side?? this damn left hand drive is gonna kill me!! i;m going jdm next time around!

You can make the SOHC lines work without cutting them, you just have to bend them a bit. Its not as clean looking but it works. But if you want it to look great, get the DOHC lines. They will bolt on directly. I’ll find the link to bending the SOHC lines to work. You would still need to buy a DOHC reservoir however. And the DOHC pump will work on the SR but I dont think the SOHC pump will.

EDIT:
I posted the old writeup here http://www.n-e-c-c.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3889

There are many topmount turbos on SRs in S13 chassis.

ya i know there are, but like i said its a 240, not a 180 or s13 where the steerings on the right hand side, so i’m still looking into it.

You misunderstood 1mns13.

A 240 is an S13. In Japan they tag S13 more to the Silvia, but we don’t live there.

In Canada, when people say refer to an S13 they are including, 240s, Silvias, and 180s.

There are 240s with both top and bottom mount turbos.