SR Swap how to

Hey guys,

I’ve had all these photos of the SR swap I performed on my brothers 240 and finally got around to posting it up on a site so that it could actually be of use to somebody.

Its a pretty complete guide in my opinion. Great for noobies.
http://www.tune2win.com/index.php/diy_tech/nissan_240sx_sr20det_engine_swap_guide

Let me know what you all think.

very nice writeup, wish i had this when i did my swap. Would have helped.

On a side note, i though the wiring specialties harness was designed specifically for lhd cars. Shouldn’t the harness be the proper length and all the wiring be proper length, like maf, or the extra wiring that is usually present on sr harness, is just like it would be on a ka harness.

Correct me if i wrong, i was looking at buying it because of those reasons.

wow this is a great write up. I’ll be referring to this for sure when I get around to swapping! Awaiting part 3 though =P

great write up

Part 3 is there

ahh on the side, missed that .

The “link” where it says part 3 on the bottom of the page in Part 2 doesn’t link to Part 3 or anything at all for that matter.
My bad.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I need to fix the link for part 3 on the part 2 page, thanks for noticing that.

The harness that I had made was built by SG and myself and I was implying that to get a ready made harness wiring specialties is the way to go, their harness will be a perfect fit.

probably a super common question: but build/hack your own harness vs wiring specialties? cause wiring specialties is a lot cleaner and I would love to use them but is it worth the price they’re charging? and you mention in part 3 about lengthening the MAF plug, I’m assuming that WS does that for you already ? I’m just concerned that WS harnesses follow very specific routing, because everyone could be using different routes for whatever reasons. I personally don’t like tuck’s makes trouble shooting harder IMO. and I would hate to have to rip apart to splice in such a nice harness (WS)

If you’re not a pro at wiring then buying the harness from WS is 110% the best route to take. It may cost you more money but you’ll never have to worry about wiring issues. That alone is worth its weight in gold. If you’ve ever had to trace the wires back in your harness trying to figure out if one is bad or wired improperly you’ll know why I’m recommending it.

The harness you get from them will not be tucked it will fit just like a factory one would, you dont have to worry about length.