S14 SR into S14 wiring

Hey guys, anyone have some information on this swap?

Any websites or personal notes would be very much appreciated. thanks in advance!

Yes, it was searched in numerous times with no useful results.

Johnz

Hi. I can’t help too much. I am in the middle of the very same swap but have opted to send both harnesses to: http://www.wiringspecialties.com/ His work is expensive, guaranteed and comes highly recommended by Varun. I like reliability. Check out the site. I’ll let you know how it goes…

Both of you guys have amazingly clean motorsets, and both of you are busy, busy guys…I really suggest saving the stress and headaches and sending out the harness to yury. The work is amazing, ive used him many times.

the point of the SR swap was really for fun… Sending it out would be missing the point for me.

Anyone have wiring information on this swap? Thanks a lot.

You call wiring fun…!? :slight_smile: I’d sooner get it guaranteed and out of the way. Got my harnesses in a box, called Yury only to find the wait time is 3 weeks because he’s leaving the country!! If you come up with another solution please let me know.

No fun is redo-ing your wiring harness after you have messed it up…spending countless hours figuring out what goes where without any manuals…if you want the hassles of that by all means be a trail blazer and do it on your own. Download the S14 SR manual and the S14 KA manual and you are ready to rock.

Seriously, send it out, there is no information out there that gives a direct step by step on how to wire an S14SR into an S14 chassis. I was in your shoes last year and I still thank my lucky stars I sent out my harness after seeing some ppls cars that dont run right.

Talk to Chris (CanadianDrifter240sx on SON)

I know he’s done wiring on an S14 SR.

As for those sending it out, hey, if you can afford it, go for it.

Personally wiring isn’t as hard as people make it out to be.

Just do it slowly, and follow each step carefullly and you’ll be ok.

Sometimes the word ‘wiring a harness’ is just so exeggerated that people get scared.

Its not hard when you have a diagram that says wire pin 28 to pin 35 but I have yet to come accross a walkthrough like that. There are some available for the S13 swap but nothing for the S14.
Using the manuals to figure it out can be taxing and if you want to take a risk to save 300 dollars then by all means thats your decision.

All Im saying is that there is nothing worse than having an electrical problem with you car.

No fear here (too stupid to be scared :slight_smile: - just no interest in wiring. I’d sooner trade the money I’m saving making some of my own parts for the time it would take to do the wiring. BTW I have both the s14 Silvia and s14 240sx FSMs in PDF form if anybody needs them. You can probably still find and download them same as I did though…