SR swap runs for 3 seconds, then dies... violently.

[quote=“Coldaccord,post:20,topic:35237"”]

throttle position sensor?

[/quote]

tps seems OK. based on the voltage readout of the SAFC anyway.

[quote=“newman,post:19,topic:35237"”]

the car is not driveable. unless you think i can take it for a cruise around the block in 3 seconds.

[/quote]

does it do 0-100 in 2.99 seconds? if so i could make it around your ‘hood’.

What happens if you disconnect the MAF?

it does the same thing, but runs slightly shittier

plugged cat?

[quote=“newman,post:19,topic:35237"”]

the car is not driveable. unless you think i can take it for a cruise around the block in 3 seconds.

[/quote]

yeah that i knew, i was basically asking if this occured after driving it and then stopping somewhere and then trying to take it back out or something, just trying to see if you had two different conditions to compare results. it does sound like a maf issue to me, that what my car does when its been a long night of re-assembling my car and i get retarded and put my maf on backwards lol

have you monitored the fuel pressure while it does said dying? Though 3 seconds is usually too short for the pump to be suspect it’s worth a try.

I have an ECU laying around if you needed to borrow one, but you have to get it in Roc.

I’m on the maf boat plus shitty wiring, but what about a cam or crank position sensor problem. I haven’t delt much with the sr’s but in a 2g if the cam is reading different from the crank you will get pretty much the same problem. I’m not even sure if that setup uses both sensors. Just another idea.

fuel pump?

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:30,topic:35237"”]

fuel pump?

[/quote]

he already tested fuel pressure…but newman did you watch the fuel pressure with the car running for its whole 3 seconds?

I asked him that this morning and he says the fuel pressure doesn’t change as it dies.

I’ve seen cars prime the pump, shut off, you start the car and it runs for 3 seconds and dies because the fuel pump doesn’t kick back on so this made sense to me too, but I guess that’s not it.

sounds to be like some sort of security system or vehicle antitheft system. The LS1 rx7 was doing the same thing till chuck disabled the VATS system.

[quote=“99_civic_si,post:33,topic:35237"”]

sounds to be like some sort of security system or vehicle antitheft system. The LS1 rx7 was doing the same thing till chuck disabled the VATS system.

[/quote]

yeah, but that would totally kill the ignition, after it dies out, it still shudders and fires and stumbles for a sec.

only has a Cam angle sensor.

i really want to say fuel pump too, so i am going to put a pressure gauge back on, just for shits and giggles.

Yea if it sounds normal then sputters and stumbles on the way out that sounds like fuel pressure dropping to me, then again it could just be leaning out after post start enrich. It’s warm out so it won’t last long. It might be just enough to help the car run despite an issue with the MAF or something…

does anyone have a mechanical FPG i can borrow?

and a SOCH mafs?

I have an extra sohc mafs u can have. I got it off a car in the junkyard. I also have my sr20 ecu but ya cant have. U cna try it though as long as u dont burn it up.

if it is not any of the above problems…

when was the last time you got gas in it?? could be bad gas… or old gas, like i said i dont know if you drive it a lot or not…

wheres don?? he should be able to fix it quickly…

[quote=“onefst240,post:37,topic:35237"”]

I have an extra sohc mafs u can have. I got it off a car in the junkyard. I also have my sr20 ecu but ya cant have. U cna try it though as long as u dont burn it up.

[/quote]

let me know when i can borrow it. i would be willing to try my computer in your car, if it runs…

[quote=“Devioustsi,post:31,topic:35237"”]

he already tested fuel pressure…but newman did you watch the fuel pressure with the car running for its whole 3 seconds?

[/quote]

or when you turn the key to the “on” position… you get pressure…

no real need to start to hear a fuel pump running or not…