SR swap runs for 3 seconds, then dies... violently.

[quote=“newman,post:39,topic:35237"”]

let me know when i can borrow it. i would be willing to try my computer in your car, if it runs…

[/quote]

My sr isnt swapped yet but i willl most likly be at mighty tonight if it inst raining u can pick the mafs sensor up there or come to the S &R car show in the falls to pick it up.

you’re going to S&R tonight?

[quote=“newman,post:42,topic:35237"”]

you’re going to S&R tonight?

[/quote]

Yes i am.

might need a new johnson rod

meh, fuck this car. :stuck_out_tongue:

i have a fuel pressure gauge on my car. You can come over and pull it off and borrow it for a day if u need.

is it mechanical and easy to install/uninstall?

yeah, it just threads right onto my fuel rail, so i assume its mechanical.

anyone have a stock fuel pump i can borrow?

if you dont want to fiddle taking of boardjnky’s gauge, i have a spare mech. fuel pressure gauge floating around, ill dig it up when i get home. so if you dont take his call me 472-8670

actually, does anyone have a stock fuel pump and a harness with pigtails? i’ll just run it off the battery in a bucket of gasoline.

I dont’ know that car for crap but if the programming is anything like the SHO’s (which I doubt) disconnect the maf to test it. some cars will not run at all with it disconnected so this may not work in your case.

[quote=“somedude,post:52,topic:35237"”]

I dont’ know that car for crap but if the programming is anything like the SHO’s (which I doubt) disconnect the maf to test it. some cars will not run at all with it disconnected so this may not work in your case.

[/quote]

Welcome to pg 1.

can the car rev above 2500 rpm? if so, the MAF is NOT the problem.

[quote=“newman,post:51,topic:35237"”]

actually, does anyone have a stock fuel pump and a harness with pigtails? i’ll just run it off the battery in a bucket of gasoline.

[/quote]

i’ve got a 112lph walboro stock SHO pump (known good)
I also have a 155lph walboro fuel pump (new untested)

if you want to try one give it a go.

OK, old owner speaking here. First off the MAFS that was in there was a SOHC. You can’t use a DOHC one. Its either…SOHC, SR mafs, or Z32.

My guess is Mafs, if not a ground.

Go over the whole harness. Its probally gonna take alot of time but it was always that harness that gave me problems.

good luck sir

[quote=“RyanA96,post:56,topic:35237"”]

OK, old owner speaking here. First off the MAFS that was in there was a SOHC. You can’t use a DOHC one. Its either…SOHC, SR mafs, or Z32.

Go over the whole harness. Its probally gonna take alot of time but it was always that harness that gave me problems.

good luck sir

[/quote]

are you sure it’s a soch?
i ran the numbers and it came up DOHC

[quote=“RyanA96,post:56,topic:35237"”]

good luck sir

[/quote]

makes more sense… didn’t think it could have been a DOHC

<---- sohc maf and a fuel pump, fuel pump is still in the car tho and i NEED it back

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:59,topic:35237"”]

<---- sohc maf and a fuel pump, fuel pump is still in the car tho and i NEED it back

[/quote]

can i grab the maf? i have to go to hybrid after work to get a fuel pump and this would be a lot quicker than driving out to wheatfield for the maf.

can you pm me your number again? will you be home around 6?