SR20 BLOCK HELP ME

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24152[/ATTACH]

so I got this sr 20 block given to me by a friend for free , and I have a question for you 240 guys :stuck_out_tongue: im not sure if the picture is big enough to see but if you look closely you can see that there is a chip or some kind of chunk taken out of the block there and im wondering if something like this could be fixed so I could build this engine up … or should I just scrap the block and keep the head he gave me my friend who had it before me put jb weld in there that’s why it looks weird … any feedback would be appreciated thanks guys

why don’t you go get it welded. Might have to check after welding that it clears the crank. If not you could take a dremel to flatten the weld down. I’m sure a shop will tig it for cheap.

personally I would probably get another short block, but that’s me. last thing you want on a built motor is aluminum cracking or chipping and messing up bearings and such

What shop would you guys recommend to get it looked at to get another opinion

bring it to ECI there located in Brampton, the owner emelio just built my sr20 monster. he knows his shit. 1 905 595 0659, tell him Brendon sent out

I think I’m gonna take it over to centerline , they do some phenomenal welding

considering its a bare block, i would get a new block.

Blocks can be found for some damn cheap, especially when you don’t need one right away.