SR20 small issue please help..

hey guys I installed a 64000km SR20DET blacktop from a 180SX, everything is stock frmo the clip I swapepd everything, I could not fit the tube for the EGR so i removed the entire assembly and plugged the hose that goes to the little controller on the ignitor chip and put a K&N intake filter instead of the airbox, everything else is present… the ECU plug from the engine looked like it had a piggyback computer before hence it had those T connectors on some wires attached with wires cut off but the original wires were not cut, anyway, I got a boost gauge and when I was accelerating as fast as possible It always goes to 10psi, two days it drove fine, today in the rain it struggles when i rev in neutral between 4 and 5 thousand rpm, and I noticed this because when I was trying to accelerate forward fast it wasnt smooth… so what could be the problem could it be that it has modifications I dont know about and there is no computer that used to manage this ? Or is the rain jstu affecting the wiring somewhere…

let me know guys… also wtb ka24de power steering line from rack to pump…

Open ure ecu and look for an aftermarket daughterboard- some daughter boards are made to work only with the fuel controller that was prob. spliced into ure harness. This has happened in the past, and all u gotta do is get the ecu back to stock and ure airfuel, and timing curve will be adjusted back to stock. As for 10 psi thats weird cuz the ecu cannot make the turbo run higher boost. Check that ure gauge works well, and also look for leaks in the system.

wires spliced into what COLOUR wires, like varun said it could be something, it could be a turbo timer that was removed,…anything…

but yeah I’d still listen to varun…

one more thought- try another stock ecu and see if that helps…
also try another mafs.

hey guys, the ecu says E5 on it, I did not have time to open it up today, the gauge works fine its brand new and it doesnt sit high nor low, today it didnt do that but what I notice is, I can hear the air rushing through the intercooler really fast (loud wooshing sound) and it seems like the car only rams forward after the gauge has been over 5 psi for a second~, what i mean is that the car doesnt ram forward right away as the boost goes up, it only goes after the boost is up there already, is this normal ? and whether around 120km/h on the highawy in fifth (5) gear if the boost doesnt make it go too fast, fifth gear only feels fast after 200km/h really, up to there I have to use 4th gear to make it go nice and fast like all the other gears, I am wondering if this is all normal hence I never drove an SR before, but I’ve been flying around for the two days I have it now, and I am curious whether it is normal to hear the wooshing sound and see the gauge go up before the car actually rams forward, i am just curious if that soudn is a leak or what not, I checked all the hoses today everything was fine… let me know about all these things and about the 5th gear thing, I really appreciate hence I would like to make my engine run right, I am also scared that it might be running lean… so im still wtb a/f gauge… thanks…

Well the SR should cut out @ 180km so unless you’ve got a Speed Cut Device you must have a retuned ECU…

Also… how do you even know your doing 200kph consider the speedo only reads to 180kph ?

Dont waste your money on a “narrow band” gauge then…

If your worried about running lean then get a Wideband from the get go as the narrowband wont tell you shit

hes jdm.

thats why

GT

lol, no $ for wideband, does narrowband really tell you nothing ? It doesnt have to be .2349857389475 accuraet as long as i know whether its running RICH or LEAN will it work ? I will get a wideband later on, I just want to drive my car safely for now, from you guys experience, 10psi wouldnt be running lean with a walbro and stock injectors right ?

That’s really funny. I noticed that pretty much EVERYONE says NOT to get a narrowband a/f gauge and yet EVERY single SR or turbo’ed car i’ve seen has one… :dunno:

A wideband is definelty the way too go if you have the money for it but narrowbands are not as shit as people make them seem. If your motor is going lean the narrowband will show it. If your looking to tune the motor on a narrowband then dont bother but if you just want an a/f guage to tell you if u have a rich/lean condition a narrowband works perfectly.