SR20 startup problems

All the stock SR injectors I’ve seen are purple…

I still think that you’ve fucked something up with the wiring.

To help clear a flooded motor, pull the fuel pump fuse and crank the motor over with the plugs out. Don’t smoke of have any open flames when doing this :stuck_out_tongue:

Then try starting it with a NEW set of plugs, or take a torch to the old ones to burn off all the fuel they have been floating in.

-Martin.

…and it runs!!

So Im sitting there comparing my ignitor wiring to the diagram provided by Heavy Throttle. Its perfect.

Then it occurs to me… “Hey, I actually got 2 copies of the diagram from Heavy Throttle… maybe their diagram is wrong.” Sure enough, when I compare the 2 diagrams they have sent me… they are different. So I wired the ignitor up using the OTHER diagram… and it starts up on the first try!

Now, it just idles for a few seconds before dying, but Im sure that is a curable problem. Thanks for the help guys!

mine are red.

The only red ones I’ve seen in a SR are in a SR20DE (No T). I also asked this on NICO a couple of years ago and everyone said purple injectors are stokc for a SR. Sounds to me like someone changed the injectors in your motor.

-Martin.

mine are red.[/quote]

mine are purple on a 98 blacktop.