SR Problems

I can’t figure it out.

After my car has been sitting in the cold, or hasn’t been started for a while (enough time for the engine to cool down), it takes NUMEROUS attempts to get it started. The engine will crank but it won’t turn over. If I loose patients with having to crank it 6-10 times before it turns over, I’ll give it a little gas and she’ll start.

So basically: in the morning it takes 6-10 cranks before she starts, unless I give it a little gas.

Also, after finally getting the car to start up, if I put the clutch in it makes the most terrible sound. Like a continuous creaking until I let the clutch back out (I can put the car in gear, or leave it in neutral, with the clutch in and it will still make the sound). It will continue to do this (only if I put the clutch back in) until the engine warms up.

Why?

Any ideas?

i have starting problems right now agian, and its my fuel pump. if the engine cranks turn it off and bang on the fuel pump with a screw driver anything hard and tell someone to start it while your banging on it and if that works then it’s your fuel pump cause after my engine heats up thats when my car is fine

It’s not the fuel pump, I have a Walbro 255lph.

chattering from gearbox?–>throw-out bearing?

-Coolant temp sensor?
-Thermostat?
-Cold start valve/sensor etc? (IAA/ACC was it? I forget what it is on SR)
-Think cold start/temperature related stuff for your first issue
-Run the ECU for codes? Any?
-I have no idea for the clutch issue
-Do you suspect the issues w/ clutch and cold-starts related or no?

Just trying to brainstorm with ya. Sounds like a tough one, man. Good luck.