SR20 tune up parts

what to do for:

spark plugs
oil filters

errrr… i cant think of anything else at 2am…

anyways where do you get this shyte as well

what oil you cats running?

Mobil 1 15w-50 is great stuff esspecially wit hteh way you drive your car dude.

Syntec 5w-50 is great but it burns off easilly

For filters use one from the NX2000 i belive canadian tire only sells the motormaster kind, just change it every 3000km with your oil it’ll be fine

Sparks i use NGK BKR7E i belive is the code, its a general import spark plug, hondas toyotas nissans pretty much all use this plug design, and heat range 7. You can get it from Paul at neetronics or from JRP if you’re into that sort of thing.

edit: oh and for mission oil use Redline Shockproof, unfronatly i think you have to get that from JRP. Put in 3L.

you can also use an oil filter from a B13 Sentra SE-R

sasha, can you or someone else confirm that code?

i can smoke JRP prices on most stuff…

i want to look into this tomorrow.

i have one here in front of me PFR6B, and a blitz / NGK one with no number on it.

Oil Filter-
You can use the same oil filter of a Sentra SE-R .

FRAM PH4386
Purolator L14477
K&N HP1003
Pennzoil PZ38

Oil-
I wouldn’t use oil with high variences in weight. 10w-30 is all you need. 10w-40 has alot of additives. 20w-50 is just over kill.

Mobil 1 is great. If not Valvoline is my 2nd choice. If you tend to change your oil yourself and frequently I suggest just going with Dino juice not synthetic. You’re not going to notice a difference if you change your oil alot. Just make sure it’s clean. Remember the price difference is almost 3-1. So you get alot more clean oil using dino juice.

Transmission-
For the Differential and transmission use Redline stuff. I’ve used it all my cars including my FD. I liked it alot better than the Neo stuff.

You can use Shockproof in the Diff and Shockproof or MTL in the tranny. I would recommend the Light weight. The heavy is too heavy and the Superlight…is ya you guessed. It made my shifts alot smoother.

I’ve always purchased from this place.

http://www.myoilshop.com

Spark Plugs-
I would recommend the HKS IR spark plugs. Pricey but worked well for me.

HKS Part#
5408-S35i

If not you can also use the stock plugs for a 300zx TT.

NGK 2867
PFR5B-11B

Hope this helped…

on the topic of plugs,

i priced them out and yeha they were about $15 each for the PKR’s…

what heat range is suggested, i am sourcing some 7’s, should i run them as well?

if so, for what purpose?

7s are great for the way you drive bing. 6s will work. Like ed said go with the copper and change em with every oil change.

As for oil i reccomend 50weight as its great for tracking your car, and thats how bing drives every day. He can deal wit hthe 5-6 lost hp if it’ll help save it from wear.

For all your lubricative needs, trust Motul…well, actually, don’t use it to beat off. But other than that, Motul will do you well.

Bing did you consider oil filter relocation before dropping the SR in?

If not, perhaps you should look into it to save yourself some trouble.

well the plugs issue is not really mine, i do want plugs, but i am just trying to source the better plugs for everyone…

the motor oil question i was just tossing out there.

G. i would love to do that relocation thingy eventually, but right now i just want to get the car back and running well.

Well don’t regret it later on. This is something that I don’t want to screw
up on when I do my SR so it’s something I have planned quite sometime ago.

i put some amsoil 10W30, last change and noticed a big difference!!!

as far as the filter, if you goto CT and look at the product codes for the filters they are all the same for nx2000, b13 sentra, and even 240sx if i remeber correctly. The filters are easy to chenge where they are located if you get a filter “END CAP” wrench, not the strap wrenches.

i put iridum IX’s in mine now. Its what was in them when i got it. I dont remeber the product number off hand, but if you are interested let me know and i’ll get it.

so your putting in an SR, coolbeans. :thumright:

Oil: Mobil W-30
Plugs: Denso

Hey bing here is some info that should help out.

Go with Ams or Royal Purple oil. Use only the recomended 5W-30 or 10W-30 and you’ll be all good.

For spark plugs, STANDARD NGK Platinum #PFR6B-9, HOT TYPE NGK Platinum #PFR5B-9 and COLD TYPE NGK Platinum #PFR7B-9. All the plugs have a gapping distance of 0.036 in.

Take care man.

Easy 8)

Mobil 1 15W50 in the Engine w/ Motomaster Oil Filter
Motomaster 85W140 in the Tranny (yes, nice and thick)
Quakerstate LSD Oil in the Kaaz LSD (doesn’t require friction modifier)
NGK G-Power Plugs ($15-20 for 4)

I’d rather run cheaper oil and change it every 3000km. I’d also rather
change $20 plugs more often than run fouled $60 plugs.

I like your new sig andrew.

I recently put some royal purple tranny fluid in.

… i dunno, didnt feel much of a difference, feels very thin.