SR20DET Hardbody --- the buildup...

im in love with your wheels

specs now!!!

please

thats a sweet ass build koz.
yeah can we get some specs or where you picked up the rims :D.
I need a set of rims for my pathfinder :smiley:

all I know at this point is that I’ll be running 16psi on a very healthy stock redtop. the cab will consist of no more than a dashboard, steering wheel, and two bucket seats so it’ll be very light. I’m anticipating that traction will be a huge problem, so I’ll be adding some weight over the rear axle (fuel cell and battery).

the rims are 17x8JJ et-5 with 235/45/17 BFG Comp T/A’s… I have no idea what brand they are or where they came from… but yeah, they RAWK!

Are you putting the bed back in? Maybe just a fibreglass shell to hide the fuel cell and batt?

I’m making a flatbed and using trailer fenders over the rear wheels… should look something like this…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Placid/Images/truck1-1.png

sweet build!! if only i have time, space and money i would do exactly the same :smiley:

Nice build Koz, nice to see one of us had the time (and space) for the resto… looks like yours was in much better shape afterall…

Want a parts truck? :slight_smile:

Oh just so you know, with the motor angled like that the rear coolant line between the firewall and the head often cuts itself on the head castings from getting pinched… just something to keep an eye out for…

Oh, and I highly suggest you get a driveshaft made chevy U-joints as shops wont go near the unservicable kind…

There are probably other things, but if you have any questions shoot me a PM.

thanks Bob!

the bed was rotten, the nasty blue interior was a mess, I had to replace the turbo and manifold gaskets, replace the carrier bearing on the driveshaft, new brakes, etc… I also had to patch the driver’s side floorpan, but overall it wasn’t too bad.

I shortened and recirculated the rear coolant lines (no more heater)… thanks for the heads-up though, I’ll keep an eye on it.

I’m not looking forward to wiring this thing up again… it’s been apart for over a year and the harness is a fuckin mess… I’m also gonna try to wire up power doors from a pathy.

Yeah thats a pain in the ass…

If you look at my for sale thread you can pretty much see all the stuff I replaced on mine. I dont have the time or the space to do a ground up although that was the idea.

Yeah I didn’t need a new carrier bearing but I had chevy ujoints put on my driveshaft. They’re stronger and they’re serivceable which makes life easier…

I suggest changing your rear end or at least planning for it, as well. You do have the option to go IRS or swap in a ford 9inch for strength.

Are you going to c notch the rear frame at all to drop it?

yeah, if this wasn’t my 3rd vehicle, I’d definitely grab your truck too… the parts alone are worth way more than the asking price.

I’ll look into changing the U-joints at a later time… I just wanna make sure the truck runs properly before I start dropping more cash into it.

I’ve got a pathy rear end with VLSD from my bro’s parts truck but it’s setup for a 4 link w/ coils rather than leafs… a Ford 9 inch or IRS might be a possibility in the future. I just wanna make this mobile ASAP!

the rear is currently monoleafed with a 3" block… I might re-drill the front leaf hangers to get a bit lower… I thought after going monoleaf the frame would be sitting on the axle, but there’s still a lot of clearance.

awesome build up dude. GL on yr project. looks sweet.

Yeah mine was monoleafed originally too, and sat low, so I got my leafpacks rebuilt with laidout f250 springs cut to fit the packs…

Dude… no wheel hop, no axelwrap, it was solid…

Yeah I hear you on getting it running well. I hope we see it at the track man, that will be solid to see it tearing it up…

beautiful build-up, just amazing, keep it up. Are the pathfinder doors direct swap? I got a d21 too, unfortunately i don’t have the money, time, or space to do such great build, so I just end up dream of just having power windows/locks lol.
keep the pics coming, it’s really nice.

edit: oops, i just realized… how old this post is. didn’t see it when i was clicking the link through the for sale section, sorry.

^ thanks man.

the complete pathy doors bolt right on… I haven’t hooked up the wiring yet though.

Koz

Nice job!!!
I am putting a SR20 in my 94 HB. Did you use the accelerator cable from the HB?

Artwo

for sale… check it out!

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32761&highlight=hardbody