SR20DET Running Extremely Lean at idle

Problem Actually solved completely running as of today, disregard all other posts

Problem ended up being the fuel injector seals were leaking, due to the aftermarket intake I bought. One of the seal seats was to large and cause a leak only below 1000 rpm, also causes slight misfires at idle and while revving

Problem not solved, I can hear a hissing noise right before the car dies near the intake manifold, I just replaced the injector seals

NOTE: YESTERDAY IT WAS RUNNING AT 14.0 AFR

Well I just got my car started after almost 2 months of tinkering, ended up being the battery was to low and not providing enough current.

BUT NOW! I am running extrememly lean at idle ( i cannot drive the car it is brutal ) 18:1 +

when i first start it up it runs fine sits perfectly between 14.5-15.2 @ around 1500 rpm, after a little bit the rpm comes down and then it runs very very very lean and starts to stall.

Things I have replaced:

Oxygen sensor
Coolant Temp Sensor
Battery
injector cushsions (rubber seals on intake manifold)
Wiring harness ( currently have a brand new wiring specialties one in )

Things I have tested:

-Injectors ( they were recently sent out due to one of them leaking )
-Fuel pressure ( 3 bar ) - wondering if my fuel pressure gauge is wrong…

Things I have checked:

All my clamps, couplers and vacuum lines
Reset Timing the proper way

right now the ECU is showing three codes:

Knock sensor ( code 34 )
Ignition signal ( code 21 )
CAS ( code 11 ) -> just got this one Jan 15th thinking this is the culprit

Any Ideas?

Start by checking for vacuum leaks, best way is to build a boost tester and pressure use the system.
Do you have 3 bar fuel pressure while it’s running at 18:1?

Is your bov vented out?

Try clearing the codes and have a look again.

ended up being a huge vacuum leak on the back of the brake booster line and the valve cover to intake tube. Idles nicely now at 14.4 - 15.1 afr

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

WRONG LOL, it runs fine for awhile at 14.7:1 but then it slowly goes to 18:1 and dies

I have a boost leak tester I will have to pump up the system, The fuel pressure stays at around 36-38 psi with vaccum, I set the fpr to 3 bar