SS dyno results...holy shit!

Could do it with much smaller gauge wire if you are just remote mounting a switch inside a car for 2 underhood fuses.

oh i meant the full chassis power, just cutting the ecu power makes more sense :rofl

12.0 AFR on a boosted car? Good thing you aren’t a tuner.

ding ding ding

11.8-12.2 are acceptable afr’s for a subaru even on 93 octane. some go even leaner on e85 and q16

But, Subbies has a glass jaw for a piston. :lol

E85 has a different stoich than gasoline. However, I know plenty of people that do tune for C16 differently. But, just about every single tuner I have spoke with, does not change the AFR for any octane of gasoline.

i was at 11.7 to 11.9 afr on my tune and that ran strong.

11.7 to 11.9 afr on my most recent tune and that ran VERY strong.

That’s fine. I am just saying most tuners run 11.5 and don’t change based on octane. At least, that I have spoken with. The gains (which I saw none) on leaning it out aren’t worth the risk. Timing on the other hand…

afr is relative based on what motor is in the car. some motors like to run pig rich… others like it a little leaner. it all depends on the VE of the motor and its predetermination to knock resistance based on afr etc, etc… if i was N/A id be looking at 13.0 all day if i could get it there.

yah I guess. Good thing/

Absolutely nothing wrong with 12.0 on most boosted applications.

I guess good thing your not a tuner.

Certainly on the edge of “safe.”

100 percent incorrect. The internet takes things to coo-coo extremes and coo-coo levels of safety.

Everyone tunes SRT-4s for 12.5 across the board… There are 50 trim cars on pump making 5-550 wheel at 12.5 for years with no issues. It totally depends on the car. Monitor knock and EGTs and you’re good to go.

I agree. I was told that high VE boosted motors like a slightly leaner AFR. I see 12.0 AFR on my wideband on pump gas, 21* up top on pump @ 24psi and 26* up top on c16 @ 26psi+. Which would probably be considered crazy on other platforms.

My car sees 11.8 usually.

The internet was not brought into my statement. And it is not 100% incorrect. If you want to be on the edge of safe and make the very most power, they by all means go for it. Make sure its not tuned for 12.9 or whatever you like it at @ 80* ambient and go beating on it on a 30* day.

boom.