Stafford Town Court???

Anyone ever have traffic court here?

I got a ticket on the 90 and was hoping I could do the normal plead down, but they say u have to “explain why they should reduce it”; and there’s no town DA, just the judge.

It’s a 14 over; 79/65…

I’ll probably just call my lawyer and get it reduced through him.

I was told by a court office person when you plea in writing to not make excuses. They have heard them all. The best thing to do is say something along the lines of (if it applies) you were new to the area and did not realize your speed was rising.

Also, i was told that you can make the court sometimes feel bad for you if you put in your plea that you are requesting a non moving point reduction due to the fact that you drive primarly for your job and a point infraction can put you at risk of losing your job.

I did that for my speeding ticket up by the 1,000 islands and I got it reduced to a two point failure to obey a lawful order. Mine was 78/65

I got popped by Stafford a long time ago. I made up a good story and got it reduced to parking through the mail. Never set foot in the lousy town.

hmm… my court thing I got says mandatory court appearance, no phone or mail pleas…

Eh, Lawyer time and let him deal with it.

im pretty sure I was doing 83 :slight_smile:

My wife is from Stafford and according to her, they are tough in Stafford. Most small towns are. Don’t ever get caught speeding in Corfu. They will rape you with fines.

[quote=“boxxa,post:2,topic:29717"”]

I was told by a court office person when you plea in writing to not make excuses. They have heard them all. The best thing to do is say something along the lines of (if it applies) you were new to the area and did not realize your speed was rising.

[/quote]

How is that not an excuse?

[quote=“redrum,post:7,topic:29717"”]

How is that not an excuse?

[/quote]

because that excuse is more believable than ‘my dog at my speedometer’

it is an excuse but something along the lines of admitting to speeding but you made a mistake goes over more than arguing you wenent speeding.

tell him your car is too powerfull and you couldent controll it. that would go over well.

Bend over cuz your seriously gonna be raped

Stafford = the suck

[quote=“JaysGreenLX,post:6,topic:29717"”]

My wife is from Stafford and according to her, they are tough in Stafford. Most small towns are. Don’t ever get caught speeding in Corfu. They will rape you with fines.

[/quote]

My ex-gf got a ticket in Corfu going 92 in a 65. Judge gave her heavy fines until she started crying…he lowered it so she would stop. Those small towns are tough on speeding though. Freakin Wilson charged me more for go 5 over than Amherst did for going 17 over.