Starter Install**HELP**

I know some ppl have covered this topic already but the info was not clear enough for me.
I have an 92, hatch and was wondering how hard it will be to install a starter my self (I have a buddy that will help if its needed). the biggest problem I’m facing is money.
so whats the cheap way of buying/ installing one,
I’ve hear about a rebuild? where can I get one?.
and is jacking the car up good enough to do the job, if so is there a center spot to jack up the front?.
Thank for any help and sorry for the newbieness.lol

just buy a rebuilt start from a parts place WITH WARRNTY… NOT CT!!
disconnenct power at battery… for safety
Jack the car up high on the passenger side… use jack stands!!
located the two bolts… easy to see!!
and the top bolt sucks!!

it’s not that hard, it’s just a couple bolts from the transmission into the starter and a couple wires.

my favourite place to jack up the front of a 240 is the engine cross member (make sure you don’t hit the oil pan). only problem with this is that it can be a pain to get to if the car is lowered, depending on your jack.

Well I just made a few calls to part source and CT for a ball park number and they both say $189.00 after I return my old starter, so im looking at $249.00 up front, is this what I’m going to be stuck paying or is there a cheaper place / way.
please help I want my car for the weekend.lol

take the starter out and to a rebuild shop;

starters/alternators in the yellow pages

usually $120ish to have it rebuilt

i hope you know part source is CT!! it is just a parts focused store

if you don’t have abs (or have removed the abs system), you should have room to change the starter from the top without having to jack up the car and what not.
i mite have a spare used starter but i’m pretty far from burlington

I got my rebuilt started for 90 bucks, if you have any friends that own a shop ask them to have one delivered to them and then just pay them for it way cheaper for parts.

wow…its is…i went through two starters today…it takes 10 minutes to take out and put in…and u can get used ones cheap on the board

hardest part is getting to the bolt located on top of your trann.
holy crap that bastard is hard to get at.

I did mine from my engine bay. Check the boards, there’s always guys selling starters for cheap.

a and a discount auto… 154 plus 50 core
number 905 545 9339

I put the starter in today took 10-15 mins, and shes runnin. Thanks for all the help!

LOL i was wondering the same thing but where on the crossmember do i place the jack pad lol i hate jacking my car always making me nervous my starters fucked to