Steelback Grand Prix

I think it’s great. My phone is ringing off the hook with last minute race teams trying to dyno their new motors.

If anyone with a top notch car (show worthy) is interested in getting into a booth with a pair of passes (no grand stand seats) for the weekend let me know asap… as in TODAY

A spot has opened up with the NYSpeed guys.

bingzorz, the spot has been filled , u know we on it bro

anyone got some hook ups for tickets? I would like some grandstands for the weekend…any vendors? I will be there either way so I hope to see some familiar faces.

Well I saw Sasha complain about his car, 2G money and Newmans cars both in the both but none where around to be found. I will be there again tomorow!

haha yea i always want to go faster

i was sure the car would be in the 19s

lots of work to do

best weekend ever though

sunday was insane haha

how did steelback go?

Sunday was an ominous day. When I woke up it was raining and thought to myself: “it NEVER rains today.” I have been coming to the Indy for a loooong time, so I knew things woulnd’t be normal.

They weren’t.

The main race it was raining and the track was wet. Champ Cars churming up all kinds of spray. Tracy gets knocked out first lap. Australian wins.

Speed Touring car…you would expect the Audis to dominate in the moist conditions…they didn’t. FWD Acuras did.

Canadian Touring Car…Sasha is on row #1 qualifying second! Next to a Vette. Race starts, he over-takes the Vette and leads for 7 laps … I’ll let him explain the rest. Very impressive Sasha considering the circumstances.

I’ll be honest, I didn’t know much about Sasha. Some I heard was good, some bad. But he is the real deal, a total natural with a future in motorsports. All the seasoned racers have a lot of respect for him. Many of the veterans had a disappointing race. Like my old neighbor Scott Hall in the Black E36 4-door, smacks the front end, falls further behind and then DNF. He has been racing for 20 years, he is a BMW driving instructor, trains in Ferraris…Sasha has none of those credentials.

As expected the indoor show was very weak. Maybe 30 vendors most of which not car related, eskimo stone sculptures, Shiatsu, dating services etc… Only around 50 cars. Mostly stock. Carrera GT and a couple Gallardos were cool but only tuned stuff worth looking at was the NY Speed booth and Toyo - under 20 cars LOL.

If I can get the same deal as this year, I’llk bring the car again or the next project as its one of the more affordable mass market opportunities.

Actually Sasha spent about 6 laps behind me after I overtook him, the BMW and the Vette on lap 2 :smiley:

i guess you’re discounting the laps under yellow?

Nope… I was driving the pace car :smiley:

Haha I actually figured out that riddle last night and forgot to reply.

I was wondering what substance you were abusing.

In the Ford GT…mostly gasoline

great job sasha, if gymkahana wasnt that weekend i would have been there cheering you on

thanks guys :slight_smile: here are two videos from the event, one from the can saf guys and one from the cameras there. with the rain tires on we were 4 seconds a lap slower and it was sad, look how hard we were getting passed by guys we normally are much quicker than!

however that being said, it was so fun sliding around the toronto course and having enough power to light up the tires again hehe