Steelers

who would have thought they have the number one ranked defense ? i was surprised

believe it or not but there pass defense is also doing awesome…so to speak

maddox is number 4 in the league with passing yards, was number one till after the denver game…Our whole entire problem comes down to the O line. they suck. i knew our defense was doing good , but i didnt know they were first place overall, avg 243 yds/game i think 2nd is avg 259 yd/game

o line is hirting bad though!! they need to get 5 healthy guys 4 the whole game!

the whole problem is bill cowher. He needs fired! Are you guys happy with a coach the losses almost everybig game? I know the show playmakers is fiction but it makes me relize how much of a part a coaches game plan and scheme is. Cowher sucks.

Originally posted by Cutty
the whole problem is bill cowher. He needs fired! Are you guys happy with a coach the losses almost everybig game? I know the show playmakers is fiction but it makes me relize how much of a part a coaches game plan and scheme is. Cowher sucks.

yea…because the coach is the person out on the field throwing and catching and running the ball…he can only do so much,the rest is up to the players.there the ones losing the big games,its not cowher

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
yea…because the coach is the person out on the field throwing and catching and running the ball…he can only do so much,the rest is up to the players.there the ones losing the big games,its not cowher
x2

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
sure the players have to execute the game plan but come on, the guy has lost 3 afc championships, one super bowl and countless playoff games. Why do you think coaches makes soooo much money? Also, if the players on the field are failing, its his job to get some people in their that can do the job. Cowher peaked when he called the onside kick in superbowl 30.

This obsession with cowher is exactly what is wrong with steelers fans in this city. They can’t the big picture. The steelers haven’t won shit since january 1980!!! Bill cowher is not the answer. he’s had enough chances. Who’s fault is it kordell didn’t stay Slash??? The guy is a raving lunatic. Ever see bill walsh go crazy on a normal basis? Don shula? Mike shannahan? Cowher is a glorified defensive coordinatior. Apprently i am talkin to people who watch football but obviously don’t know much about football. A great group of athletes can win a superbowl but a great coach can take a decent team. Just last year, the bucs get gruden and win the superbowl like that. see the difference a coach makes.

i may or may not be correct… but the penguins didn’t do shit with mario… did they?

i agree cowher isn’t the BEST… but he’s not the worst… and we have good coaching for the team… just seems like the O line lacks and thats where our game is lost.

dunno

go bengals:D

I was so glad when the broncos beat the steelers, they are my fav team. Everytime the steelers lose its one loss closer to getting a new coach with a new attitude. You can’t even ask that guy a question without him flipping out and giving you his retarded chin face. WTF is that?? I thought he was a “Professional” football coach. Can’t wait for Bulger’s homecoming when he rips the steelers “#1 D” a new one.

I was so glad when the broncos beat the steelers, they are my fav team. Everytime the steelers lose its one loss closer to getting a new coach with a new attitude. You can’t even ask that guy a question without him flipping out and giving you his retarded chin face. WTF is that?? I thought he was a “Professional” football coach. Can’t wait for Bulger’s homecoming when he rips the steelers “#1 D” a new one.

First off, cowher got the steelers to the playoffs how many times in a row? We’ve won our division how many times in the past how many years. He’s obviously doing something right to keep going to the playoffs, and i really dont think bulger is gonna rip the steelers D a new one.

Apprently i am talkin to people who watch football but obviously don’t know much about football.

Well cutty, tell me who selects the coaches for the Pro Bowl…

Do they know anything about football? They seem to think Cowher is a pretty good coach…

:rolleyes:

who gives a rats ass about division titles. Superbowls are what matters. Shit we are the atlanta braves of football then. Win the division every year and lose in the playoffs. he’s obviously doing something wrong in the playoffs. if you wanna play for division titles, then fine, cowher is the man. His play off record is terrible. If the o line is terrible its his fault, he picks who plays! sure you can’t put each individual play on his shoulders but on a whole, he is responsible for his team.

Originally posted by Darkstar
Well cutty, tell me who selects the coaches for the Pro Bowl…

Do they know anything about football? They seem to think Cowher is a pretty good coach…

:rolleyes:
well lets see, he made it by default three times for losing in the AFC championship. Fine, he’s succesful in gettin to the playoffs. Not only did they lose three AFC championships, they lost them all at HOME!! My argument is pointless, steeler fans don’t listen to reason.

who gives a rats ass about division titles. Superbowls are what matters. Shit we are the atlanta braves of football then. Win the division every year and lose in the playoffs. he’s obviously doing something wrong in the playoffs. if you wanna play for division titles, then fine, cowher is the man. His play off record is terrible. If the o line is terrible its his fault, he picks who plays! sure you can’t put each individual play on his shoulders but on a whole, he is responsible for his team.

so it was bill cowher who threw those passes right into the arms of Dallas players in superbowl XIXIXIXIX or whatever. I could have sworn it was Neil O’Donnel. hmmmm

well lets see, he made it by default three times for losing in the AFC championship. Fine, he’s succesful in gettin to the playoffs. Not only did they lose three AFC championships, they lost them all at HOME!! My argument is pointless, steeler fans don’t listen to reason.

The losing coach of the AFC chapmionship is automatically the Pro-bowl coach? Is that seriously how it works? I was under the impression that the other coaches selected the Pro-Bowl coach? I could be wrong though…

My argument is pointless

finally something we agree on… :slight_smile:

so it was bill cowher who threw those passes right into the arms of Dallas players in superbowl XIXIXIXIX or whatever. I could have sworn it was Neil O’Donnel. hmmmm
like i said a coach isn’t respossible for plays but for the game. but you can’t keep picking out plays or players as the cause all the time. It has to fall on the coach and his game plan.

The losing coach of the AFC chapmionship is automatically the Pro-bowl coach? Is that seriously how it works? I was under the impression that the other coaches selected the Pro-Bowl coach? I could be wrong though…

"According to NFL tradition, the Pro Bowl coaching assignment goes to the staff of each losing team in the conference championship game. Fisher’s trip to this island paradise came courtesy of the Titans’ loss to the Oakland Raiders in the AFC title game. Andy Reid and the Philadelphia Eagles’ assistant coaches are here because of their loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the NFC crown. " from NFL.com