Stick track + sticky tires + stock diff = Kaboom

Blew up my differential saturday at NYIRP at the last MOMS race of the year. Didn’t get a chance to pull it apart yet to see the carnage, but I’m guessing the spiders and maybe the ring gear. I highly suggest AAA+ to you guys who race your street cars.

lol you blew up a 8.8 rear end?

yep, not even making that much power

stock axles?

lol people run 9’s on 8.8s…I think Ford slipped a GM 7.5 10bolt into your mustang.

not stock 8.8s they dont.

time for upgrades :tup:

Did you make a mess of the track? If you did, do the guys get pissed at you because you delayed the race?

Moser axels, didn’t spray the track after we pushed if off i was able to drive it back to the pits very slowly, jacked it up, tried to yank an axel off and couldn’t, left axel had a little more play than usual, right seemed ok. Yeah there are a lot of 9 second cars an 8.8’s but they dont’ have stcok internals. Think it’s time for 31 spline diff.Surprisingly my wife didn’t throw a fit, seeing how’s she 6 1/2 mos pregnant i thought she would, took it very well. Only thing is we only have 1 vehicle between the 2 of us and I have to go car shopping tomorrow, which i was planning on doing wensday anyway. The worst part of the whole thing was I had sombody cover me at work form 7p-11p, my plna was to race, go home and take a nap from 8-10p then go to work, didn’t get home till 10 pm so i went to work with being awake from 0700 saturday morning. But, hey, thats racing.

what did it run before it blew

[email=“13.05@104.xx”]13.05@104.xx, just didn’t want to get into the 12’s

:tdown:

IIRC, valvo was selling a 31 tooth setup on MOMS site.

I recommend the Detroit TrueTrac differential if you still need a posi and not a spool. This has been proven in many high horsepower car and requires no posi additive and there are no spider gears to break

LOL you got that girl flatbed driver from jimmys. I broke my diff too, AAA= jimmy’s I got “joe dirts” brother.

good times:meh:

Yeah, was funny cuz my wife kept saying we were gonna get a guy with a mullet and his ass crack showing, the girl did a great job, she was super careful, but she talked the whole 80 minutes home, i dont’ think my wife said more than 3 words.

i sold the posi its gone